Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Proper head gasket testing...

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Proper head gasket testing...

Quote Originally Posted by beans20 View Post
    @jsmash21, Is your truck deleted? What tuner? @SB09 are you custom tuned by Ray or are you still running the box tuning?
    Deleted with RaceME and Warp tuning.

2. Likes beans20 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

Deleted, racme 120hp 1850 23 timing. Hoping to get rays tune soon.

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SB09 View Post
    Deleted with RaceME and Warp tuning.
    I would talk to Ray about the haze at start up. But if it goes away after a very short period I believe it's a non issue. I think a lot of the guys that are fully deleted still have that haze at idle vs the guys who still have EGR still in place. Also like I mentioned before smell could be due to different fuel quality.

5. Likes foxmecx liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I would talk to Ray about the haze at start up. But if it goes away after a very short period I believe it's a non issue. I think a lot of the guys that are fully deleted still have that haze at idle vs the guys who still have EGR still in place. Also like I mentioned before smell could be due to different fuel quality.
    It's just one little puff of haze then gone. I think he's commented on it before. But, I didn't realize what he was referencing when he said haze was white smoke. I will go ahead and run it by him again.

7. Likes beans20 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jsmash21 View Post
    Deleted, racme 120hp 1850 23 timing. Hoping to get rays tune soon.
    My truck had a puff of smoke every time I started it up after sitting for a longer period of time. It did from day 1 after deleting my truck and I drove mine like that for 15k miles, it's not an issue just unburned fuel. Like I said to the op I believe most guys with EGR stuff still under the hood just unplugged, isn't doing that.

9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SB09 View Post
    It's just one little puff of haze then gone. I think he's commented on it before. But, I didn't realize what he was referencing when he said haze was white smoke. I will go ahead and run it by him again.
    Yeah man that's what I would do just for reassurance purpose, but I think you're ok.

10. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Proper head gasket testing...

My truck had a puff of smoke every time I started it up after sitting for a longer period of time. It did from day 1 after deleting my truck and I drove mine like that for 15k miles, it's not an issue just unburned fuel. Like I said to the op I believe most guys with EGR stuff still under the hood just unplugged, isn't doing that.
    That'd make sense then that Ray was talking about that exact thing as far as unplugging the EGR but leaving that servo hooked up.

11. Top Of Page | #18

Ya same thing, no haze. Literally a puff of smoke. The morning puff was slightly larger as it came up past my passenger window. Which is how i noticed it. Temps were in mid 40s last night so figured just cold.

12. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jsmash21 View Post
    Ya same thing, no haze. Literally a puff of smoke. The morning puff was slightly larger as it came up past my passenger window. Which is how i noticed it. Temps were in mid 40s last night so figured just cold.
    Yeah when it's cold out it'll make a little bigger puff.

13. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Bone stock and my temps run hotter than that not towing! I constantly see 200-205 coolant and 209-212 oil temp in any thing over 85 ambient temp

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast