Thanks Thanks:  44
Likes Likes:  96
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is the MM3 less talked about and not commonly used?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Why is the MM3 less talked about and not commonly used?

Like the title says. Why is it that 80% of guys I meet run run EFI and 20% mixed between Ezlynk and raceme? I was on HPP’s site couple days ago and didn’t see anything about MM3. Including rollingsmokediesel.com and a couple more. Is it up to par when it comes to performance and longevity? Reason I ask because I’m about to pull the trigger on performance upgrades, and I see DRD plastered all over this forum. But when I’m on other forums it’s basically never brought up. 1st post and 1st day on this forum. Will update profile as soon as I learn how to operate on here. Thanks fellas.

2013 2500 Cummins 4x4 with leafs. Bone stock

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Why is the MM3 less talked about and not commonly used?

Welcome friend!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

3. Thanks REPUBLIC_OF_TEXAS thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by REPUBLIC_OF_TEXAS View Post
    Like the title says. Why is it that 80% of guys I meet run run EFI and 20% mixed between Ezlynk and raceme? I was on HPP’s site couple days ago and didn’t see anything about MM3. Including rollingsmokediesel.com and a couple more. Is it up to par when it comes to performance and longevity? Reason I ask because I’m about to pull the trigger on performance upgrades, and I see DRD plastered all over this forum. But when I’m on other forums it’s basically never brought up. 1st post and 1st day on this forum. Will update profile as soon as I learn how to operate on here. Thanks fellas.

2013 2500 Cummins 4x4 with leafs. Bone stock
    You see more EFI Live and Ezlynk out there because those platforms are used on other makes other than Ram/Cummins. MM3 is exclusive to Ram/Cummins at this time.

The MM3 platform works great and there are many trucks out there tuned with them.

You don't see DRD and MM3 talked about much in other social media outlets due to politics...plain and simple. We are despised and hated by haters who hate the honest approach to business we go by. When you tell the truth and confess God this day and time, you get hated by many.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Welcome!

Honestly, it is more of a to each their own thing. I had EFI live in my 06, and @Polaraco had a black Maxx in his 08. EFI live is a very capable software for programming the truck, but I do not know if any of them have gauges, that is separate.

I am not familiar with EZ link.

The Raceme as I understand, and please correct me if I am wrong, is very similar to the MM3.

Here is an answer from DRD as to why he dropped the Raceme from his supported list: https://www.doublerdiesel.com/why-we...tuner-anymore/

I am very happy with my MM3 and look forward to many more years with it in my truck.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, REPUBLIC_OF_TEXAS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Jealousy runs deep when you own the market!

Google the reviews for Double R Diesel!!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    Welcome!

Honestly, it is more of a to each their own thing. I had EFI live in my 06, and @Polaraco had a black Maxx in his 08. EFI live is a very capable software for programming the truck, but I do not know if any of them have gauges, that is separate.

I am not familiar with EZ link.

The Raceme as I understand, and please correct me if I am wrong, is very similar to the MM3.

Here is an answer from DRD as to why he dropped the Raceme from his supported list: https://www.doublerdiesel.com/why-we...tuner-anymore/

I am very happy with my MM3 and look forward to many more years with it in my truck.
    I had the Black Max long before EFI was thought of. At that time, H&S owned the market. Lucas came in when H&S went out.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

9. Thanks REPUBLIC_OF_TEXAS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

We speak with the owners of RaceME and MM3 often. They are super friendly supportive and will go to the end of the earth to help you with any issues. This is why we love to utilize them so much. That and the products they produce are extremely well built and proven.

Double R Diesel is talked about often because he as well offers some of the best support on the market today. He is fair, honest, supportive and Godly. You will not meet a nicer man.

Like stated he does only state facts and as with any business if you do something that threatens someone say such as products or tuning then it’s human nature to get defensive and well you know what happens after that. Bashing, trash talking etc...

Everyone will have THEIR own opinion on tuning and whose works best for them. Every truck is different. Everyone has their own expectations on what the tunes should do to their truck.

I hope this makes sense and helps somewhat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I was wondering the same thing before I tuned with DRD as I ran EFI Live on my last truck.

The decision for me was simply made on customer service and reviews. I was not able to find ONE negative comment toward Ray and his product/services. After inquiring for my own truck he lives up to the hype. Even just looking at the posts on here he is always shedding light on issues and opportunities with our trucks....usually within an hour of something being posted (weekends included).

Do your research and let us know if you have questions!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

A good point was made that it’s exclusive for Cummins at the moment. I was just shocked how much MM3 is used and what vendor they’re going through to accomplish their goals. It opened up a new way of thinking for me, and I’m now stalking Ray’s site now. Does anybody have any concerns about MM3 will be able to withstand the test of time? Meaning with all the updates and products coming out, is the product being updated? it’s just mind boggling that MM3 hasn’t been the cock of the walk.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by REPUBLIC_OF_TEXAS View Post
    A good point was made that it’s exclusive for Cummins at the moment. I was just shocked how much MM3 is used and what vendor they’re going through to accomplish their goals. It opened up a new way of thinking for me, and I’m now stalking Ray’s site now. Does anybody have any concerns about MM3 will be able to withstand the test of time? Meaning with all the updates and products coming out, is the product being updated? it’s just mind boggling that MM3 hasn’t been the cock of the walk.
    Since tuning mine last fall there have been a couple updates that touched multiple things. The 2 big ones that stood out to me was ability to lower TPMS threshold to 20psi (another reason I went this route....80psi is absurd in the rear tires IMO) and enabling the fogs to stay on with high beams. There are several others but the first two that come to mind!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast