Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  24

Thread: MM3 exhaust brake

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MM3 exhaust brake

Just got the tune applied today from DRD, dealt with all the exhaust stuff, and all I can say is WOW!!!! I can really feel the cummins pull in the higher gears like it should. I will need to keep it on the stock or tow setting for quite a while until I can afford a stronger clutch.

One question, does anyone know if Rays tuning sets the exhaust brake on automatically? Mine does not seem to.....I thought I read that somewhere that once tunned it would automatically be on at start?

Next up is the engine stuff, guess I need to get a bigger box to store all this extra hardware that the EPA makes RAM put on these trucks!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 exhaust brake

Memory is enabled. So if you drive with it on and it's like our 2 trucks tunes then when you start the truck again it will remember your last setting

2016 ram 2500 hd slt mega-cab cummins g-56 (metallic gray pearlcoat or something of the sort) deleted and custom tuned by Ray (the king) @ doublerdiesel on mm3 platform with 5" turbo back exhaust by flo-pro & DD valair organic clutch
    looking for 30,000 gpm injectors @ a fair price btw LOL

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Agree with what Badger said... congratulations on your DRD tune.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Likes david3gen, cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Cool, thanks guys! I guess I will find out tomorrow when I fire up the truck since I turned it on last I drove it!

6. Likes watersupply189, Yamahamod liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jeepstrjohn View Post
    Cool, thanks guys! I guess I will find out tomorrow when I fire up the truck since I turned it on last I drove it!
    You have to push the button to have exhaust brake on each and every time that’s how mine works

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Badger is right, the memory on the MM3 automatically will set whatever position it was in last you turned it off.....cool feature!

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jeepstrjohn View Post
    Badger is right, the memory on the MM3 automatically will set whatever position it was in last you turned it off.....cool feature!
    Depends on the year of the truck. I believe 2013 and up it will recall the last position on/off. But like Dan's 2012 and my 2011, we have to turn it on daily

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 4kids2dogs&RV View Post
    Depends on the year of the truck. I believe 2013 and up it will recall the last position on/off. But like Dan's 2012 and my 2011, we have to turn it on daily

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

^^ is correct

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

12. Thanks mltcdt67 thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Is this a feature of MM3 or of DRD specifically? Just curious