Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: The 68RFE and heavy towing.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

The 68RFE and heavy towing.

Hey All,
    My 2011.5 with the 68RFE lost the trans. I have an extended warranty that covered the rebuild so my trans builder used the valve body upgrades, Bonded separator plate gasket, with the reinforced solenoid plate and the billet plate and triple lock converter. All foreign talk to me, I'm a engine builder. What does everyone think about doing the rev max valve body? My old tune was efi live and after loosing the trans I got the mm3 from Ray at DRD. My trans builder does not want a trans tune besides stock and will void my warranty if I have a trans tune and didn't want to install the rev max valve body even if I bought it. I am running Rays mm3 and would like to know if I should just do the rev max valve body or if the upgraded stock valve body will be ok. I don't race this truck but pull a 20,000 lb toyhauler in the mountains here in Colorado. Thanks!!

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: The 68RFE and heavy towing.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmaxxjim View Post
    Hey All,
    My 2011.5 with the 68RFE lost the trans. I have an extended warranty that covered the rebuild so my trans builder used the valve body upgrades, Bonded separator plate gasket, with the reinforced solenoid plate and the billet plate and triple lock converter. All foreign talk to me, I'm a engine builder. What does everyone think about doing the rev max valve body? My old tune was efi live and after loosing the trans I got the mm3 from Ray at DRD. My trans builder does not want a trans tune besides stock and will void my warranty if I have a trans tune and didn't want to install the rev max valve body even if I bought it. I am running Rays mm3 and would like to know if I should just do the rev max valve body or if the upgraded stock valve body will be ok. I don't race this truck but pull a 20,000 lb toyhauler in the mountains here in Colorado. Thanks!!
    Send an email to Ray and ask him his opinion about it.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

The 68RFE and heavy towing.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmaxxjim View Post
    Hey All,
    It may be too late but would it be possible for you to get the warranty folks to pay you directly for the transmission? You could then use that money towards a built transmission from Revmax, Suncoast, ATS etc. You would then have a pretty stout transmission with a warranty.

2016 3500 Laramie Mega DRW Aisin 3.73

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Running two cummins one an 07 and another 12..has 139000 and the 07 has about 400k on it , I changed the transmission on 07 it at 328000 not because it was bad but because I had a stage 4 sitting in the garage and I just didn t know how much longer the trans would last. even tho it was not having any problems.. I put an aux cooler on it and a Trans tune by Dave Mattews...On the 12 I have the trans tune and about to put the Rev max towing valve body. Reading abut valve bodies you can run another 100hp with the tune and another 100 with the valve body.. I just like the shift points on a tune and would recommend it on any stock or modified 68RFE.

7. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Skywrench View Post
    It may be too late but would it be possible for you to get the warranty folks to pay you directly for the transmission? You could then use that money towards a built transmission from Revmax, Suncoast, ATS etc. You would then have a pretty stout transmission with a warranty.

2016 3500 Laramie Mega DRW Aisin 3.73
    Stay away from ATS they are GARBAGE everyone else is just fine

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

9. Top Of Page | #6

Suncoast Transmission all the way. Not as expensive as Revmax with a better warranty, much better. Unlimited miles for X amount of years. Depends on if you buy a Ranger/Guardian 2yr unlimited miles Stage 1+ 3yr unlimited miles. Every other company is only to certain mileage before warranty is voided. DO NOT BUY ATS! FULL STOP!!

10. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post