Thread: 2016 Ram 2500 - Couple of DTCs

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2016 Ram 2500 - Couple of DTCs

2016 Ram 2500 with RaceME Ultra.

I am getting:

-P0868:Governer Pressure Sensor volts too high

-U1449:Implausible ERS message received

The P0868 showed up 2 days ago when towing my travel trailer. I tried to clear it and it would just come back. I tried again this morning on my way to work and it cleared and hasn't shown back up for the 40 miles to work. I will check it again after my trip home and see if it has returned. The U1449 cleared normally and didn't show up anymore.

What could I be looking at here? The trans fluid was hot and below the recommended level. But, it only too maybe 1/10th of a quart of ATF-4 to fill it to normal level. I couldn't see any visual leaks anywhere underneath the truck. The trans acts fine to me. Smooth but firm just as it always has been for the past 60k miles with the RaceME.

Neither of these codes prompted an actual check engine light. I was showing a friend how the programmer works and happened to click on the DTC portion and saw the codes.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2016 Ram 2500 - Couple of DTCs

Did you recently change the transmission filters?

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    Did you recently change the transmission filters?

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD
    No, I did not. Just did a front and rear diff fluid change, the vent filter on top of motor, and oil change. That’s all the service done recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I would get that code after I changed the 2 filters. The spin on filter was allowing the TC to drain back into the pan and cause it to throw the code. Once I changed the filters again, I no longer had that issue. Since you haven’t serviced them, I’m not sure why it would be showing unless the sensor is bad.

5. Likes walla2k5 liked this post