Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  100
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm sure i'm not the first ..

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

I'm sure i'm not the first ..

Hello all, brand new to "Diesels" .. at least this version .. I have a CDL A been driving for years .. but never personally owned my own pick up ... I think it's about time .. i'm a die hard Dodge/Cummins fan ... so i'm most certain this is the direction i'm gonna go .. but with there being so many generations .. what generation is the best to go for .. i'd like a newer year models, it'll be a family truck so must have quad cab and can tell you for a fact I will be getting rid of that DEF or whatever it is .. prolly a chip intake and exhaust ... that'll prolly be about it .. mostly just a nice truck .. I may get into more mods if you guys talk me into something that is worth having .. can anyone help or at least point me towards the post that's already been started that will help me??

2. Likes walla2k5, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: I'm sure i'm not the first ..

Welcome to the forum @Richard Tyler! I'm new to owning one myself, been driving dump truck for too many years to count. Personally, I wanted a 4th generation. I had a second generation gas V10 and loved the pickup, but engine parts were getting difficult to find. The 6.7 engine, larger cab, overall appearance and comforts of the 4th gen sold me.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

4. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

thank you for the response @walla2k5 ... idk if i tagged you the right way ... I do like the 4th gen .. i'm just worried about getting into the generation that has issues .. when I almost got one before i learned all about the 5.9 24v and was happy with it .. but those are old now .. any issues with you 6.7?

6. Likes walla2k5, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Tyler View Post
    thank you for the response @walla2k5 ... idk if i tagged you the right way ... I do like the 4th gen .. i'm just worried about getting into the generation that has issues .. when I almost got one before i learned all about the 5.9 24v and was happy with it .. but those are old now .. any issues with you 6.7?
    The only issue with the 3rd and 4th gen Cummins is the BS pollution control crapola delete that crap put in MM3 tuner from Ray at DRD best in the buisness you can run his EGRless tuning or do full delete

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Likes walla2k5, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

10. Likes walla2k5, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

You got the tag right I'm sure you've read about the recalls Dodge has had lately, but you get those with any make.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

12. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Thanks @HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN .. so 3rd or 4th gen are both good just get rid off the emmusion control ... I'm sure it's cheaper to just run the chip .. but is full delete best? I hear if you get rid of that junk you mph gains significantly

14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

@walla2k5 no .. i haven't been keeping track .. what recalls? .. and it's sounding like 3rd or 4th gen .. bout the same both good buys?

15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Thanks @HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN .. so 3rd or 4th gen are both good just get rid off the emmusion control ... I'm sure it's cheaper to just run the chip .. but is full delete best? I hear if you get rid of that junk you mph gains significantly
    Full delete is definitely the way to go bud but if you buy a new truck a lot of guys are worried about there warranty being null and void if you delete that’s why Ray from DRD and MM3 came out with the EGRless tuning you don’t have to remove anything you just end up turning it off but from what I understand that if you buy one with significant mileage on it your only going to be able to go to 50,000 miles is cut off point for the most part

16. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

What do you mean @HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN .. it will not be super new .. I'm looking for one 85k <190k miles .. but I guess I'll take what i can find

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast