Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  15
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cummins lope?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Making a Cummins lope is silly proposition. I've done on it my truck just for the heck of it but I don't care to use it. I'm 40 and don't care for such anymore. But for anyone that does, all a lope is just having the fuel to shut off and on at idle and the low rpm ranges. Mechanical injected engines do it when the timing is cranked really high. What happens with high timing is that engine will want to rev up with fuel flow so the governor goes into a battle of shutting the fuel on and off to maintain a consistent low rpm setting. That makes a fast low rpm surge or lope. With computer controlled common rails, its just a matter tricking the ecm to shut the fuel off and on really fast in the desired rpm range to make it lope.

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Re: Cummins lope?

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    Making a Cummins lope is silly proposition. I've done on it my truck just for the heck of it but I don't care to use it. I'm 40 and don't care for such anymore. But for anyone that does, all a lope is just having the fuel to shut off and on at idle and the low rpm ranges. Mechanical injected engines do it when the timing is cranked really high. What happens with high timing is that engine will want to rev up with fuel flow so the governor goes into a battle of shutting the fuel on and off to maintain a consistent low rpm setting. That makes a fast low rpm surge or lope. With computer controlled common rails, its just a matter tricking the ecm to shut the fuel off and on really fast in the desired rpm range to make it lope.
    Hey Ray i know this is an old thread but care to elaborate on this for a 2012? I'd like to know how to make an RT tune with this

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins20126.7 View Post
    Hey Ray i know this is an old thread but care to elaborate on this for a 2012? I'd like to know how to make an RT tune with this
    Sorry brother. You'll just to go through trial and error just like I did. You have the basic idea in the quote above...that's all the hint I can give. I make a living at selling tuning. You can't expect me to give my intellectual property away.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    Sorry brother. You'll just to go through trial and error just like I did. You have the basic idea in the quote above...that's all the hint I can give. I make a living at selling tuning. You can't expect me to give my intellectual property away.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    I gotcha. Keep up the good work Ray, i really respect the way you run your show just as every one else on this forum does

5. Thanks DRD, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins20126.7 View Post
    I gotcha. Keep up the good work Ray, i really respect the way you run your show just as every one else on this forum does
    Over time I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't more self tuning enthusiasts like a few of you already are on here. Now that could be some interesting discussion. But ya I agree with Ray on secrets to his livelihood. Good luck though.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

7. Thanks DRD, Cummins20126.7, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, Cummins20126.7, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Cummins lope?

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Over time I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't more self tuning enthusiasts like a few of you already are on here. Now that could be some interesting discussion. But ya I agree with Ray on secrets to his livelihood. Good luck though.
    Yeah I'm wanting to learn tuning just for my own interests but honestly I have no idea where to even start. I understand bits and pieces of it but I'm wanting to understand it completely so I can put all of that knowledge into a tune . Since I'm on this topic do you know of any way I can learn this? Books, websites, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes Peter Champion liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

It would be nice to know more. At least understand more of what is done

2017 2500 Black Larime CCSB | AFE CAI |
    4" Straight pipes |MM3 tuned by Anarchy

2017 Ram 2500 CCSB | AFE CAI | 4" Straight Pipe | MM3 Tuned by Anarchy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12