Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  30
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Race me ultra problem

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Should run around 90 cruising at 60 to 65 mph. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Great what is a safe line pressure. Right now I just running. Default

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you selected the trans tuning option, nothing to worry about. Its safe.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

3. Likes RATLIN'HP liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Ok thanks guys for all the info I guess the trans tune deffinently loaded. Last night on the drive home I saw 80-90 psi tp like rattling said. Tonight after update it was 120-180. Does that sound right

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

So I have been doing as much research about the raceme ultra paired with my truck as possible especially the trans tuning. So far I know that the valve body in my transmission is capable of making 180-185 psi and the raceme ultra basically gives you all of that. The truck has been doing great since installing tuner it actually feels and looks like a truck. My only concern is I have seen as high as 254 psi on my trans and to keep it in the 110-180 psi range I really have to go lite on the throttle. Is this normal or could I be getting faulty readings. I am running the 120 hp tune, default everything else and of the trans tuning

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

So I have been doing as much research about the raceme ultra paired with my truck as possible especially the trans tuning. So far I know that the valve body in my transmission is capable of making 180-185 psi and the raceme ultra basically gives you all of that. The truck has been doing great since installing tuner it actually feels and looks like a truck. My only concern is I have seen as high as 254 psi on my trans and to keep it in the 110-180 psi range I really have to go lite on the throttle. Is this normal or could I be getting faulty readings. I am running the 120 hp tune, default everything else and of the trans tuning

Are you sure your looking at the right PID?

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

The gauge I'm looking at is tp psi

11. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

The gauge I'm looking at is tp psi

Need to be looking at line pressure (actual) under the transmission gauge menu.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

12. Likes RATLIN'HP liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Ok so I checked to make sure I was looking at actual and I am. Should I delete trans tuning.

14. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Ok so I checked to make sure I was looking at actual and I am. Should I delete trans tuning.

No sir. Line pressure can to go as high as 250psi sustained in reverse. That's normal. In forward gears, the line pressure can go over 200 psi during a shift as the fluid is being slapped around in the tranny. This too is normal.

Don't let the recorded high value that the Ultra captures fool you. Watch the line pressure while steady in a forward gear and not during a shift...I can guarantee it doesn't go much higher than 185 psi during this state.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

15. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Thanks I thought rattling hp had said between 80-90 in one of his posts. You are exactly right it was in reverse where I hit the 250 and I only see 180 around shift points. Most of the time it's 120.

I appreciate everything guys. It's really pretty cool how helpful everyone is this is my first forum so I didn't know what to expect. And because of that I upgraded my membership. Thanks

16. Likes DRD, Power247 liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast