Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Trans swap

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Trans swap

I got a 2015 with a automatic and I been reading if you delete you may have trans problems. I pull a 37ft 5th wheel and what's your thoughts on swapping a 6 speed in and about how much or is it more trouble than it's worth? Humor me on this.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wlofton View Post
    I got a 2015 with a automatic and I been reading if you delete you may have trans problems. I pull a 37ft 5th wheel and what's your thoughts on swapping a 6 speed in and about how much or is it more trouble than it's worth? Humor me on this.
    First of all, those fears shouldn't be fears. Deleting doesn't hurt the automatic transmission at all. Its the added power that some guys program into their trucks and the lack of proper transmission tuning that kills autos. With the Aisin 69, there isn't much you can do for them just yet, but 68RFE's are a different story. Add good trans tuning with the 68RFE, and they handle a little added power quite well. Add a performance valve body to the 68RFE, like those from Revmax and you'll be able to push the line pressure above 200 psi in the forward gears...which helps this transmission go even further. There are guys with hundreds of thousands of miles on stock 68RFE transmissions with no problems... And of course there are guys burning them up with just a few thousand miles. It all depends on how you manage things and good tuning!

As far as the G56 swap...it involves a lot. Transmission, clutch, flywheel, pedal and linkage assembly, clutch hydraulics, possible transfer case and drive shafts changes. Also the PCM would have to be custom tuned and made to think it is a manual truck and no longer an auto.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

3. Likes oneshotkyle liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I've had 3 trucks with a 68 since 2008. All 3 deleted and tuned. I also have a 37 foot fiver. Never a trans problem with any of them.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

5. Likes DRD, Power247 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thank you so much just worrying for nothing

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, RATLIN'HP, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post