Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  24
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New to this site and to Cummins

1. Top Of Page | #41

User Info Menu

On mine there's a little black box on valve cover with 2 hoses 1 I believe is the draft tube "big hose" but not sure where the other comes from" small hose"

Sent from my crib

2. Top Of Page | #42
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Crap man, I'm having a massive brain fart, I don't for the life of me remember what that second hose is for. I know it's stupid simple... But again, if you have pressure coming out of the draft tube then it's doing its job.

Sent from a Well Head

3. Top Of Page | #43

User Info Menu

Okie dokie

Sent from my crib

4. Top Of Page | #44

User Info Menu

Ok I stayed up late doing some online research at various forums and all instances I found that had excessive blowby and wound up needing to be rebuilt all the owners also stated there trucks undercarriage was completely covered with oil maybe I'll get lucky sense mine only has a spot the size of a baseball glove. Like I said earlier borescope then injector or compression test whichever I get first I know I got my fingers crossed.

Question could the smoke I'm calling blowby be caused by diesel in my oil and only way for that to happen would be if fuel was getting past rings or if CP3 pump was leaking into crankcase correct?

Sent from my crib

5. Top Of Page | #45

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wildkarrd RRD View Post
    For some reason I can't get the video to play... Running fine the back to crap... That's a little odd

Sent from a Well Head
    I still cat seem to get this video uploaded if you give me your email I know I can send it that way

Sent by me

6. Top Of Page | #46

User Info Menu

Well pulled number 3 injector and hers how it looksAttachment 2816 and it looked just like this when I pulled in No black buildup on tip

Sent by me

7. Top Of Page | #47

User Info Menu

New to this site and to Cummins

Also forgot to mention before i disassembly I disabled fuel supply and let motor run out of fuel but when I removed fuel line from transfer tube to rail it was blowing out bubbles of air and fuel? Or is it cause that's just the way it is with the high rail pressure

Ran it with valve cover off and not much smoke coming out of engine but going to clean CCV hoses just because

Sent from my crib

8. Top Of Page | #48
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

You can shoot me the vid at drew.doublerdiesel@gmail.com
    As for the injectors and blowing bubbles, I've honestly not messed with the common rail hard parts that much. So I'd ask for @AccurateDiesel to chime in

Sent from a Well Head

9. Top Of Page | #49
    Permanent Vacation AccurateDiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

I suspect the bubbles in the fuel line were just due to running the truck out of fuel (not a practice I would recommend). You mentioned diesel in the oil earlier - by far the most common cause is a cracked injector body leaking fuel into the under-the-valve-cover area.....

10. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #50

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AccurateDiesel View Post
    I suspect the bubbles in the fuel line were just due to running the truck out of fuel (not a practice I would recommend). You mentioned diesel in the oil earlier - by far the most common cause is a cracked injector body leaking fuel into the under-the-valve-cover area.....
    I was assuming fuel in oil or hoping that's what is causing the smoke from the draft tube. as far as running it out Of fuel I hear ya I was concerned about the few thousand psi still sitting in the rail

Had all injectors out didn't see any cracks but found one nozzle #3 injector the tip of needle was badly worn had a bad inj sitting at work so I swapped it it isn't great but looked way better

Sent from my crib

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast