Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  71
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Need a little more input and ideas!

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel LLC View Post
    Sounds like a plan. Maybe when you decide to buy, we can talk with Frank@revmax and pioneer some Revmax approve RaceME custom trans tuning.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
    I like your style!

2. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes DRD liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wildkarrd RRD View Post
    That's what I'd recommend LOL. I'm rather new to autos. Just got my first ever automatic this last April. I can highly recommend staying away from ATS. I'm not far from their shop which would make you think there would be purple everywhere, but the bulk of us around here refer to them as the "Purple Problem"

Sent from a Well Head
    Yeah I've heard about ATS. I'm more than willing to work with many companies on product defects or whatever issues I'm having however, I don't tolerate problematic customer service. I never expect everything I've ever bought to be 100%. But I do expect the level of customer service that, idk say, @Double R Diesel LLC provides. Just using you as an example. I'm not bashing anyone just stating my preferences.

4. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beans20 View Post
    Yeah I've heard about ATS. I'm more than willing to work with many companies on product defects or whatever issues I'm having however, I don't tolerate problematic customer service. I never expect everything I've ever bought to be 100%. But I do expect the level of customer service that, idk say, @Double R Diesel LLC provides. Just using you as an example. I'm not bashing anyone just stating my preferences.
    I've always said I'd rather have only 10, but although 10 happy customers than 100 disappointed ones at the end of the day.

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

5. Likes beans20, imkindofabigdeal liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel LLC View Post
    Fire punk builds awesome 47/48s for sure, but yes they don't do 68s.

Revmax, Suncoast, and ATS build 68s. There are other places that build 68s but these are the big names in the US. All 3 have their pro's and con's as far as build, cost, and customer service. A built 68 is terribly expensive but they can be built to hold upwards of 1000 HP. I guess I'm partial to Revmax since they are here in NC.
    Firepunk Diesel does indeed build the 68RFE but the truck must be in house due to the finicky nature of that transmission. With that being said if your maximum HP goal is 700-800rwhp then you should be alright. Exceeding that with a 68RFE and it'll be out of the truck more than in it, I don't care who does the build and what parts you use. Do some research, all of the high HP guys that I know of who tried running a built 68 have eventually switched to a 47/48 for the plain and simple fact that they won't hold big power reliably like the 47/48 will.
    Suncoast and RexMax also build some great transmissions, stay away from that third company mentioned. Good luck!

7. Thanks beans20 thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, beans20 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Purn1973 View Post
    Firepunk Diesel does indeed build the 68RFE but the truck must be in house due to the finicky nature of that transmission. With that being said if your maximum HP goal is 700-800rwhp then you should be alright. Exceeding that with a 68RFE and it'll be out of the truck more than in it, I don't care who does the build and what parts you use. Do some research, all of the high HP guys that I know of who tried running a built 68 have eventually switched to a 47/48 for the plain and simple fact that they won't hold big power reliably like the 47/48 will.
    Suncoast and RexMax also build some great transmissions, stay away from that third company mentioned. Good luck!
    Thanks man. I didn't know they build a 68 but it certainly makes sense to do it in house for their reputation...which they have a dang good one.

If Frank was a member of this forum, I can only imagine he would argue his signature 1000 series would hold some big numbers...but again you are very correct on the 47/48 being a better choice for big power. LOL, when you are talking the torque of a big build, 6 gears are a waist anyways.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

9. Likes beans20 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

So I've been doing some research on the Twin CP3 or just replacing the factory one that has been modified to provide 30% more fuel there also the Industrial Injection dragon fly that's 85% more. What's your guys take on this.

11. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

Unless you're planning on competing where the rules dictate that you can only run one CP3, go duals.

12. Thanks beans20 thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beans20 View Post
    So I've been doing some research on the Twin CP3 or just replacing the factory one that has been modified to provide 30% more fuel there also the Industrial Injection dragon fly that's 85% more. What's your guys take on this.
    Been looking back and fourth myself. 2 stock CP3's seem nice and easy but also 1 10mm fleece stroker would be nice and clean for up to 750hp from what I read. Lots of extra parts under the hood with duals, radiator hose becomes a 3 piece plus all the extra fuel lines and controller and such. Something about a single modded CP3 one seems so sleek and stealth with nothing added under the hood. Probly about a 500.00 difference from the two setups.I'm not looki g for anything crazy, just wanna break 700hp this go around and drive it around 600hp. Doubt a single or double setup would be noticeable to us under 750hp. Just a thought

14. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

ATS makes a nice one piece radiator hose, I've ran the same one for 3 years now with no issue's.

15. Likes beans20, oneshotkyle liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oneshotkyle View Post
    Been looking back and fourth myself. 2 stock CP3's seem nice and easy but also 1 10mm fleece stroker would be nice and clean for up to 750hp from what I read. Lots of extra parts under the hood with duals, radiator hose becomes a 3 piece plus all the extra fuel lines and controller and such. Something about a single modded CP3 one seems so sleek and stealth with nothing added under the hood. Probly about a 500.00 difference from the two setups.I'm not looki g for anything crazy, just wanna break 700hp this go around and drive it around 600hp. Doubt a single or double setup would be noticeable to us under 750hp. Just a thought
    Yeah I was also looking at the fleece stroker as well as the industrial injection stroker. I'm still up in the air about that one.

17. Likes IGOTACUMMINS, oneshotkyle liked this post
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast