Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Deleted 6.7 blowing manifold gaskets

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Deleted 6.7 blowing manifold gaskets

Hey guys I got a 6.7 that I replaced the exhaust manifold before I did my deletes due to it being cracked and gasket #6 leaking, put new manifold and gaskets torqued nuts to 35 ft lbs about a 3 months ago and just last week found gasket #2 blown puking black and damaged the manifold so replaced all gaskets machined manifold and mounted and retourqued everything... Can anyone tell me why it's doing that so I can make it stop

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

@Polaraco, any ideas? Only thing I can think of is the head isn't true on the mating surface. I'm assuming when the manifold was machined it was trued up.

3. Likes Mickyd2007 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Are the bolts loose?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

stock or aftermarket manifold? what mods besides deletes?

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Just my 2 cents.

Something isn't right for sure. If your manifold has been machined and trued, then take that out of the equation. Like Drew said, make sure the mating surface on the head isn't gouged too. Make sure your fasteners are not coming loose on you like Steve said. Also be sure to use Cummins multi layer exhaust gaskets when putting it back up. The multi layer gaskets help take up the slack left by slight imperfections. After this point, might want to check on the turbo's operation. If you use the exhaust brake alot and the actuator is out of calibration, it could close the turbo up too much and raise the back pressure too much as well. If you have a back pressure gauge installed, you don't want it go past 65 psi very often when the exhaust brake engages. I've seen mine hit 80 psi under hard braking but that's only when it engages from a high rpm.

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

7. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I have to look it up, but 35 Ft Lb sounds a bit light

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC