Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  26
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crank case pressure

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Crank case pressure

Just going through the different PIDs on the MM3.

Are the range default values correct?

Has anyone came across a master list of normal pressure values?

The one I'm currently interested in is the crankcase pressure. Thought it would be a good way to see the current state of the CCV filter.

What's the "normal" PSI?

THANKS!

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie, 3" BDS Coil over, DuraFlap, 68RFE, 4.10, 35s, Front receiver, Krown protected

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Crank case pressure

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    Just going through the different PIDs on the MM3.

Are the range default values correct?

Has anyone came across a master list of normal pressure values?

The one I'm currently interested in is the crankcase pressure. Thought it would be a good way to see the current state of the CCV filter.

What's the "normal" PSI?

THANKS!
    If I’m not mistaken, Ita been said that the crankcase pressure readout on the MM3 isn’t very accurate. I’ll try to find the discussion in this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, walla2k5 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    If I’m not mistaken, Ita been said that the crankcase pressure readout on the MM3 isn’t very accurate. I’ll try to find the discussion in this.

CCV reroute ... Bad idea?
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...1&share_type=t

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

5. Thanks cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Crank case pressure

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    CCV reroute ... Bad idea?
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...1&share_type=t

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    There it is, thanks.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I've run the S&B 90° filter with gutted CCV, stainless diesel silicone hose run down the inner fender liner with gutted filter, an oil catch can, and finally settled on reinstalling a fresh filter and ditching the steel "Z-shaped contraption" for a Gates 18965 hose. The pre molded end slides onto the S&B cold air intake perfectly.20190713_184211.jpg

9. Thanks watersupply189, Jaxonsram thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Jaxonsram, walla2k5 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I have been contemplating the reroute for quite some time for thre obvious reasons. First question, is it necessary to gut the filter? Does it really rely on vacuum from the intake tract?

Thanks for the enlightenment!

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie, 3" BDS Coil over, DuraFlap, 68RFE, 4.10, 35s, Front receiver, Krown protected

11. Likes Jaxonsram, walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I have been contemplating the reroute for quite some time for thre obvious reasons. First question, is it necessary to gut the filter? Does it really rely on vacuum from the intake tract?

Thanks for the enlightenment!
    The filter will eventually clog up. So yes, you will need to gut it or replace it.

Gutted and re-routed mine down the frame rail over a year ago, no issues.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Just out of curiosity, keeping in mind the MM3 quark in reading the CC pressure as expressed in the shared thread above, what does the MM3 show as pressure with it vented atmosphereicly?

So if I'm reading this correctly the purpose of gutting the filter is because it will clog eventually and not because the density of the filter medium needs the vacuum of the Turbo to allow proper crank case pressures? Is it acceptable to just vent the unmodified filter to the atmosphere as long as you change it regularly?

The thought of that oily residue going through the turbo and settling in the cooler is just bad.

Thanks for clarifying once again!

15. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

One more thought, will I get a CEL if I plug the CCV port on the intake tract with standard DRD tuning? Do I need to request this option?

Thanks,

17. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

One more thought, will I get a CEL if I plug the CCV port on the intake tract with standard DRD tuning? Do I need to request this option?

Thanks,
    Youll need to likely ask Ray to tweak the tunes so there is no code if it’s just vented into the atmosphere with the filter. Ray recommends leaving it plugged up where it is since the pull from the turbo helps seal the rings and some other benefits. CCV delete is mostly for aftermarket/turbo swaps IMO since the intake will likely be swapped. $80 every 50-60k miles isn’t bad!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

19. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Thundervee, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast