Likes Likes:  53
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: running boards, step boards, seeking info

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: running boards, step boards, seeking info

I just put on the Dodge tubes.
    I live in an area that salts in the winter.
    Easy of cleaning, removal of tubes for paint touch up on support brackets if needed.
    Grandkids of all age groups have no problems using.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

2. Thanks DIESELWRKS thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt, cumminsbadgirl, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    Thanks you guys are going to kill my wallet with all this talk. Anyone have the oem boards that are shaped like a 2x4 with chrome. Think some limited and long horn have em. If so how are they mounted
    I have some that I took off my truck as soon as I got it and swapped out for the AMP steps, the factory brackets bolt on.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Lund Attitude steps sprayed with LineX.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

5. Thanks cumminsdieselfreak, DIESELWRKS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GraveyBoat View Post
    I just put these NFabs on for pretty cheap. Not a running board fan but my wife says otherwise.
    looks great.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

7. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

BrentM do you recall where they bolted up to. was it just on the pinch weld or did they actually have a decent connection

Justin

9. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c5c4873ea3.jpg
    Lund Attitude steps sprayed with LineX. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0fd08ba07e.jpg

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....
    thanks those look great on your truck. btw what mud flaps are those?

Justin

11. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Seeking info with likes and dislikes on running boards ,step boards etc. I’m trying to stayaway from the smaller step surface bar hoop style such as N-Fab due
    To little kids and their feet. Sostyles like the OEM that are square with a complete flat top step surface.
    My concerns are mounting spots prefer something that issolid and not just on the pinch weld like some are. I do not know exactly how the OEM ones mount.
    I do not like some of the OEM style that have a huge gap underthe truck edge. Don’t want anythingwith plastic end caps , those seem to fail.

I would love to get the rock slider style such as (whiteknuckle offroad) makes but have the top area welded/plated but those are way topricey for me.
    Could look local on a fab shop and get it cheaper. There are a few brands out there that are moreof a running board look but those are described as stamped carbon steel.
    So what do you all have and like.

I have had the OEM running boards since new. They seem to be holding up well over the Alaska winters. No issues with the end caps. If you still need pictures of the mounting brackets from underneath please let me know.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

13. Thanks DIESELWRKS thanked for this post
    Likes DIESELWRKS, watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    I have had the OEM running boards since new. They seem to be holding up well over the Alaska winters. No issues with the end caps. If you still need pictures of the mounting brackets from underneath please let me know.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f1c28ab7e4.jpg

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    thanks for the picture. I will let you know but I will crawl under a truck tonight at the dealership.

Justin

15. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I think I will stop by the dealership lot after work today and look at oem running boards on trucks, I will wait until they close so I don't get bothered by salesman and get dry humped by them.
    I’ve got some trucks at work that have those boards I’ll look Monday. The ones I had on my truck before used a bracket that had one side on the inside of the of the pinch welds and others on the outside - 2 on each side

Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

17. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    I’ve got some trucks at work that have those boards I’ll look Monday. The ones I had on my truck before used a bracket that had one side on the inside of the of the pinch welds and others on the outside - 2 on each side
    Thanks for the picture. I like the low profile cross over box.

Justin

19. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast