Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4th Gen G56 Shifter

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: 4th Gen G56 Shifter

Quote Originally Posted by ram6724v View Post
    With the factory dm clutch the noise isn't horrible. you can hear the gear whine and resonance of the engine though the shifter but again its not bad at all. if you have the stereo on you dont even notice it. i have a valair quiet dual disc that supposed to be here on Thursday that i hope to install this weekend so ill be able to let you know about the noise with a dd clutch next week hopefully. if its too loud ill be changing my fluid to something slightly thicker and posibly installing a fluid dampener.if its still too much.aesthetically it looks very nice. shift are slightly shorter and the over all feel of it while driving is very nice. it fits me in the drivers seat quite well. (i'm 5' 10" and 190 lbs) i would definitely recommend it especially if your in need of replacement. i was not. i do have my factory one still that had around 6k miles on it of your looking for a factory one we could probably work something out
    Thank you sir. I think I am going to bite the bullet on the Ohio diesel stock replacement....I see they are on sale for $109. Thank you for the offer on your stocker.

2015 Ram 3500 CCSB SRW 4x4 G56
    2020 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 68RFE

Never ending project. Always adding something...

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    lazarsmith makes one for G56. I had one but it was my 02 nv5600. little more money but if I remember right you can pick your degree of angle and length.
    I saw that one in my search for a new one. Little out of my price range for just a shift lever.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OneTon View Post
    I saw that one in my search for a new one. Little out of my price range for just a shift lever.
    EBay had some for just over 100

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

4. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member Controlled_Pair253's Avatar

User Info Menu

Anyone running one of the shifters with a race clutch? How much noise transfer is heard?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Thank you sir. I think I am going to bite the bullet on the Ohio diesel stock replacement....I see they are on sale for $109. Thank you for the offer on your stocker.
    It does not come with a shift knob FYI. they offer 2 different threads 3/8 and m10. factory is m10

2018 RAM 2500 G56 Trans

6. Likes OneTon liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ram6724v View Post
    It does not come with a shift knob FYI. they offer 2 different threads 3/8 and m10. factory is m10
    I ended up ordering the factory size M10. Shifter knob isn't a big deal...I'll be swapping my pistol grip over to it from the broken one.

8. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled_Pair253 View Post
    Anyone running one of the shifters with a race clutch? How much noise transfer is heard?

I can't imagine it would be much different than an dual disk. The extra noise comes from eliminating the dual mass flywheel and introducing a single mass flywheel, not the type of clutch/flywheel material.

9. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

what trans fluid are you using? I’m thinking about trying Delvac 50.

10. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I'm running a phoenix friction single plate stage 4. I replaced a SB single, and this clutch is much louder than that. I've never driven the truck with the factory dual, so I have no comparison. Already running a 5inch flo pro straight pipe, and dont want to add to the cabin noise.
    I can't imagine it would be much different than an dual disk. The extra noise comes from eliminating the dual mass flywheel and introducing a single mass flywheel, not the type of clutch/flywheel material.

11. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by taterchip View Post
    what trans fluid are you using? I’m thinking about trying Delvac 50.
    MobilTrans SHC DC. However phoenix friction recommended gorilla juice in place of the latter. Didn't know that until the clutch went in. Apparently delvac 50 does not meet manufacturers recommendations.

12. Thanks taterchip thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast