Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14

Thread: 04.5 cracked bell housing cracked?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

04.5 cracked bell housing cracked?

Its been a minute guys! I no longer have a cummins due to getting into something cheaper, but I convinced my brother to get into one.
    He bought a 04.5 cummins just like I had, and he sent me this picture today (hes only owned it for a week..) looks cracked to me, but its been a minute since ive looked under a cummins.
    If its cracked, would he be looking at a new bell housing? or is this a JB weld and let er rip tater chip? the trans has had no work done to it to the best of our knowledge...

Also, hes been averaging about 10mpgs. not anywhere near what i used to get. would this be part of that issue? (hand calculated)

He lives in lawton, OK so if any of you guys are from around that area and could recommend a good shop that'd be great!

Smarty s06, fass150 with sump, 35's 4.5" lift, s&b cold air intake and intake horn and straight piped.

Attached Images Attached Images

2004.5 Cummins 2500 SLT - Smarty s06 - FASS 150 With Heater Element - 4" Straight pipe exhaust 8" tip - Silencer Ring MIA - Banks intake - Skyjacker lift - 20" black rims wrapped with 35" terra grapplers - Rhino line two tone - Glow shift gauges - KC lights
    100k miles, gettin broke in

2. Likes walla2k5, david3gen, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 04.5 cracked bell housing cracked?

Ouch! I've never seen one crack like that before.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

4. Likes david3gen, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

me either.. thats why i was a little hesitant to say if that was a crack or not

2004.5 Cummins 2500 SLT - Smarty s06 - FASS 150 With Heater Element - 4" Straight pipe exhaust 8" tip - Silencer Ring MIA - Banks intake - Skyjacker lift - 20" black rims wrapped with 35" terra grapplers - Rhino line two tone - Glow shift gauges - KC lights
    100k miles, gettin broke in

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stryker04cummins View Post
    Its been a minute guys! I no longer have a cummins due to getting into something cheaper, but I convinced my brother to get into one.
    He bought a 04.5 cummins just like I had, and he sent me this picture today (hes only owned it for a week..) looks cracked to me, but its been a minute since ive looked under a cummins.
    If its cracked, would he be looking at a new bell housing? or is this a JB weld and let er rip tater chip? the trans has had no work done to it to the best of our knowledge...

Also, hes been averaging about 10mpgs. not anywhere near what i used to get. would this be part of that issue? (hand calculated)

He lives in lawton, OK so if any of you guys are from around that area and could recommend a good shop that'd be great!

Smarty s06, fass150 with sump, 35's 4.5" lift, s&b cold air intake and intake horn and straight piped.
    Looks like he’s going to need a new transmission and new housing I would say good luck

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

@4kids2dogs&RV His son is having the same issue.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes watersupply189, david3gen, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I've seen this before in a towing application. The guy would constantly jack rabbit with his camper. After the third case, he finally surrendered and slowed down. The 48's a re pretty tough with reasonable care. The only other thing could be a drivetrain issue

That truck looks really clean underneath. Any history on it?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

12. Likes walla2k5, david3gen, watersupply189 liked this post