Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Axle Dump

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Axle Dump

I have heard people say the 5" has a drone. I had an '04 5.9 that I straight piped The drone and cab noise was ridiculous. I literally felt like wearing ear plugs while towing. I went with 4" and a muffler this time around. I didn't want to annoy my neighbors too much and I didn't want to deal with drone.

Todd
    2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 6.7 68RFE | Deleted and Tuned by Double R Diesel |

2. Likes Power247 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

If it’s to loud your to old my 5” Flo Pro TBE just first piece installed onto turbo love it awesome sound

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Likes BraedenDore, 14blackram liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

All depends on what your goal from the exhaust is

If you're after general noise. Do a side exit in front of the tire. 4" exhaust to a 8x15" tip

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 14blackram View Post
    You had to share pictures! Now I am even more torn....

If painted the exposed galvanized pipe with high temp paint....would it hold or would I have to touch it up so often?
    Ha! You asked for it . I have contemplated painting mine, just never got around to it. I figure the exhaust can't get but so hot being deleted.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12