Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Any Texas guys know of a good place to get head studs and head gasket work done?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Any Texas guys know of a good place to get head studs and head gasket work done?

I'm looking at doing some piece of mind upgrades to my 16' 6.7. First thing that comes to mind is head studs and upgraded head gaskets. I'd like to get these done before they become a problem. My dilemma is not knowing which shops I need to be calling to get prices from. I'm not looking for the cheapest. I value quality over cost. Anyone have first hand experience with a quality place to get this done?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Any Texas guys know of a good place to get head studs and head gasket work done?

Quote Originally Posted by SB09 View Post
    I'm looking at doing some piece of mind upgrades to my 16' 6.7. First thing that comes to mind is head studs and upgraded head gaskets. I'd like to get these done before they become a problem. My dilemma is not knowing which shops I need to be calling to get prices from. I'm not looking for the cheapest. I value quality over cost. Anyone have first hand experience with a quality place to get this done?
    Have you watched Ray's install of his head studs. I followed what he did, and didn't have to pull the head (you replace them one at a time) and there for don't have to replace the head gasket.

2014 Ram Laramie 3500 CCSB 6.7 Cummins. 3.42 gears. EGR Delete. Flo~Pro 5 inch TBE. ARP 625's. GDP grid delete and S2. 464 BMP Turbo on 2nd Gen Manifold. BD Exhaust Brake. Fass 150G Fuel System. BBI 1.5's. Exergy 10mm Stroker Pump. RevMax 68RFE 700 Series. Dual remote oil filters. Thuren coils. Carli progressive leafs with Thuren Kings 2.5. AMP Steps. Snow Performance Water/Meth Stage 2. BDS Recoil Traction Bars.
    Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35's on 20 x 10 Fuel Vapors.

3. Thanks DUST1N thanked for this post
    Likes DUST1N liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Any Texas guys know of a good place to get head studs and head gasket work done?

Quote Originally Posted by DanO View Post
    Have you watched Ray's install of his head studs. I followed what he did, and didn't have to pull the head (you replace them one at a time) and there for don't have to replace the head gasket.
    The head gasket doesn't need to be replaced with something higher quality or head need to be decked? Right after I posted this I stumbled across Ray's write up. I think I could even follow that.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

The head gasket doesn't need to be replaced with something higher quality or head need to be decked? Right after I posted this I stumbled across Ray's write up. I think I could even follow that.
    Not from what I've read .Every situation is different, I only had 11k miles on mine, so I didn't pull the head.

2014 Ram Laramie 3500 CCSB 6.7 Cummins. 3.42 gears. EGR Delete. Flo~Pro 5 inch TBE. ARP 625's. GDP grid delete and S2. 464 BMP Turbo on 2nd Gen Manifold. BD Exhaust Brake. Fass 150G Fuel System. BBI 1.5's. Exergy 10mm Stroker Pump. RevMax 68RFE 700 Series. Dual remote oil filters. Thuren coils. Carli progressive leafs with Thuren Kings 2.5. AMP Steps. Snow Performance Water/Meth Stage 2. BDS Recoil Traction Bars.
    Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35's on 20 x 10 Fuel Vapors.

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

If you can follow that video you should be fine. There are some guys in magnolia that do descent work. Magnolia diesel performance.
    Theres another shop up this way also that does good work. I'll grab the name off it tomorrow.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

7. Likes fourteen liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Relentless in Willis is a good place as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'06 3500 SRW LWB
    G56 Valair DD
    90HP Dynomite Injs.
    Cat. Removed
    Wallet Empty
    AutoMeter Pyro.