Likes Likes:  8
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Disappointed

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Soot View Post
    Thanks for the heads up as I'm always the one who learns the hard way
    It's just surprising the the vendor wouldn't let their customers know that important detail.

Those box tunes aren't what I would call the most refined tunes on the market. Do they offer custom tuning? You may look into something like that to take it a step further. That may get the result you're looking for. I know Ray @Double R Diesel does customs tuning for the RaceME. I just don't know if he does so when the product was purchased elsewhere.

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SB09 View Post
    It's just surprising the the vendor wouldn't let their customers know that important detail.

Those box tunes aren't what I would call the most refined tunes on the market. Do they offer custom tuning? You may look into something like that to take it a step further. That may get the result you're looking for. I know Ray @Double R Diesel does customs tuning for the RaceME. I just don't know if he does so when the product was purchased elsewhere.
    Ray will sell tunes no matter where he bought. James also runs a top notch company but is not a tuner like Ray

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

3. Likes DanO liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SB09 View Post

I am on the waiting list for a Double R Diesel tuning and can't wait... I've also thought about a dyno session tune but not sure if anyone with a dyno uses the raceme, those guys are normally EFI Live.

5. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX NIGHT TRAIN View Post
    Ray will sell tunes no matter where he bought. James also runs a top notch company but is not a tuner like Ray
    Yeah I'm totally happy with James at Rollin Smoke, he didn't do anything wrong... it's prolly something I've done or haven't done

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

I got mine from RSD as well

8. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

And at 1900 rail pressure...29 degrees of timing
    If I adjust everything down to 60 hp...makes no difference, at least very little
    Are you trying to run 1900 Rail, 29* timing with the 60hp tune?

9. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beans20 View Post
    Are you trying to run 1900 Rail, 29* timing with the 60hp tune?
    Naw that was on 200hp, with quick spool... blowed smoke like a freight train... couldn't even see the cars behind me, I don't think the cars were able to move till after the smoke cleared so 120 is the max for me.

10. Likes RobbyDiesel liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Naw that was on 200hp, with quick spool... blowed smoke like a freight train... couldn't even see the cars behind me, I don't think the cars were able to move till after the smoke cleared so 120 is the max for me.
    Have you tried to reprogram back to stock, then reprogram the truck just to see? Also torque management settings were only on the '10-'12 models.

12. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beans20 View Post
    Have you tried to reprogram back to stock, then reprogram the truck just to see? Also torque management settings were only on the '10-'12 models.
    I will try that and see what happens...I think I'm gonna reload the newest updates, originally I copied the files over, that's all I need to do RIGHT?.. also is it better to do the transmission tune or go with the stock tranny selection

13. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

@Soot Make sure you have a file unzipper, you need to unzip the file prior to loading it onto SD card. Once it's unzipped extract files to SD card. I would use the transmission tune, the truck feels a lot better with it.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123