Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: 20s for the dually

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

20s for the dually

Looking for some insight on putting 20s on my 15 Cummins dually. Wanting to go leveling kit with 35 inch tires and some 20s. I know someone has done this and I’m wondering how they liked there setup. I tow around 10k only but pretty regular.

I am thinking of going with some fuel cleavers just because I can’t stomach 4K for American forces.

So anyone with some insight it would be much appreciated.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 20s for the dually

Let's ask our Wheel Vendor @Custom Offsets.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman91 View Post
    Looking for some insight on putting 20s on my 15 Cummins dually. Wanting to go leveling kit with 35 inch tires and some 20s. I know someone has done this and I’m wondering how they liked there setup. I tow around 10k only but pretty regular.

I am thinking of going with some fuel cleavers just because I can’t stomach 4K for American forces.

Shoot us an email to sales@customoffsets.com and our sales team can help you with getting a setup like that on your truck!

Make sure to like us on Facebook!
    Want a good daily dose of custom trucks? Check our Instagram!
    We sell wheels& tires, lift kits, custom lighting, grills, light bars and more! Right Here!

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Look at these.

These are sweet and maybe one day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'06 3500 SRW LWB
    G56 Valair DD
    90HP Dynomite Injs.
    Cat. Removed
    Wallet Empty
    AutoMeter Pyro.

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Do you know anyone with this setup. How much space between the two back tires. I’m thinking at least one inch would be best if not a little more. I’d love to get rid of my spacers

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Surely the offset is correct so spacers are not needed.

'06 3500 SRW LWB
    G56 Valair DD
    90HP Dynomite Injs.
    Cat. Removed
    Wallet Empty
    AutoMeter Pyro.

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fourteen View Post
    Surely the offset is correct so spacers are not needed.

This is not always true. We had a few setups come in that required ordering spacers, and or different wheels.

If you email our sales team, we have a sales member that specializes in Dually setups/fitment!

Make sure to like us on Facebook!
    Want a good daily dose of custom trucks? Check our Instagram!
    We sell wheels& tires, lift kits, custom lighting, grills, light bars and more! Right Here!

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

20s for the dually

Looking for some insight on putting 20s on my 15 Cummins dually. Wanting to go leveling kit with 35-inch tires and some 20s. I know someone has done this and I’m wondering how they liked their setup. I tow around 10k only but pretty regular.

I went thru this same scenario about 6 months ago. Went online and tried to find a tire/wheel calculator for duallys, couldn’t find one. Then I decided it was time to learn to do the math myself for offset. Was hoping to find a 35” wheel/tire that wouldn’t stick way outside the fenders and I didn’t want spacers or adapters. I found that tiresize.com has tire size charts that cross-reference tire sizes back to inches and list load ratings. I also found that some people make wheels but do not list load ratings for their wheels. Others make wheels that show load ratings that are lower than the tires I wanted to run. I also discovered that my truck needs wheels that are hub centric and that many manufacturers offer wheels and they say their wheels fit my truck but the hub size is too big. In the end I went with this:

Wheels - XD Machete Dually Black Front 20X7.5 +142 offset. Bore = 121.5
    Rear Outer - 20X7.5 -152 offset. Bore = 121.5
    Rear Inner 20X7.5 +142 offset. Bore 121.5
    Tires - Falken Wildpeak A/T3W LT275/65R20

These tires are about the widest you can fit on these wheels without needing spacers. I picked the Falcons because they are about 1/2” narrower than other tires of this size according to their published specs. I have almost an inch between the duals and no rubbing even when hooked to my 18k fiver. I didn’t quite get 35’s but I got 34’s with no rubbing (stock suspension).

I recommend you find a wheel/tire expert you can trust (like Custom Offsets) or be prepared do a ton of research on your own. I know this post is useless without pics so here you go:

2016 3500 Laramie Mega DRW Aisin 3.73

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, IGOTACUMMINS, david3gen liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Thanks for the right up great pics also those stuck out less than my current setup LOL. Couldn’t help but notice you have bullet holes in the bed there. Would you be willing to let those go possibly. Are they Alcoa’s?

12. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Thanks for the right up great pics also those stuck out less than my current setup LOL. Couldn’t help but notice you have bullet holes in the bed there. Would you be willing to let those go possibly. Are they Alcoa’s?
    Good eye! I took those pics right after I left the tire place. Those are already sold. They helped offset the cost of the new ones.

2016 3500 Laramie Mega DRW Aisin 3.73