Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New from Tennessee. Howdy yall, eh!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

New from Tennessee. Howdy yall, eh!

New from Tennessee and previous expat Canuck...love me some 'Murica!!!

Many years of working over here in I.T. and seeing how sideways Canuckland is going I'm glad to have the opportunity to be part of the greatest nation on earth....just my two cents, but valid more today than ever.

Just found this forum and hoping it's not full of idiots like the 'other' forum. Building a 1995 Cummins 12 valve and converting a v10 Excursion at the moment. Reason for converting an Ex is needing the room for my wife, our 2 Akitas, and my grand-daughter who's now a permanent addition to our family. We bought a travel trailer when we decided that we needed something to do now that we're parenting again late in life. The trailer only weighs 5,289 dry, but in the mountains, that v10 needs a much deeper gear, and I want to be able to travel all over with this setup (and possibly pull a larger trailer more easily). The weight wasn't a problem for our prior vehicle, but the wheelbase certainly was! Why not keep the v10? Towing I see 6-7 mpg, daily driving around 11 and highway around 13. Cost wise it was not wise to head this way, but reliability and capability it definitely will be.

Anyway, the Cummins is almost ready for assembly and my office looks like a parts room as I've been rebuilding anything I could, and storing in my clean dry office. I'm starting with a 2003 Ex, and a 1995 140k 12 valve. It was the cleanest 12 valve I've possibly ever seen before I started, but I'm a bit OCD so everything gets rebuilt, prepped, painted, etc. The crank and cylinders are amazing still with good crosshatch, no ridge present, no signs of ever being overheated or lugged. The p-pump is only a 160 for the starting build and might be upgraded later depending on how this works out (and finances of course).

So far looks like this and I'm a bit on hold awaiting new work details for latest contract but here it is in a nutshell:

1995 6bt
    HE351WC rebuilt with new cartridge and boost adapter with modified solenoid plug
    DFI 5x14 SAC's with needle work
    Colt Stage 3 cam and 24 valve lifters
    Rebuilt 1998 PS/Vacuum pump with hydroboost option rebuilt with Gould Gear kit
    Two dual vented valve covers, one oil fill cover, and retaining one stock cover for rear under cowl
    Front cover plug set for removing front oil filler
    Keating rear billet freeze plug kit (may install bypass)
    Keating solid tappet cover (non-vented at my request)
    Crazy Carls turbo adapters, 1/2 inch spacer, lines etc
    Head reworked (took forever around here with 'pulling season' to find a machinist to finish this):
    - valve job
    - machined guide area and installed top hat new style seals
    - minor cleanup/mill
    - unshrouded beneath exhaust valves/bowls
    - +60 Cummins valve springs, keepers, retainers
    Clevite CB1413H rod bearings
    ARP head studs
    Enterprise Engine milled rocker pedestals
    Fluidampr with sensor relocation kit
    P-pump (taking it easy up front until all broken in):
    - 181 DV's and o-rings (kept 131's for later though not much difference there and with either I shouldn't be blacking out anyone)
    - TST 4k kit
    - 2095 rack plug
    - AFC Live and w/properly machined foot
    Billet KDP fix (I know, a washer would have done it LOL)
    6.0 intercooler, starter, and 32 row trans cooler
    Fuel heater delete and studs
    Tork Teknology adjustable overflow valve OFV020

Planning on:
    Initial p-pump timing of 18-19*
    4R100 using a conversion adapter plate/flex plate and PCS TCM controller
    Custom stall triple disk billet converter
    4" exhaust
    ...and a lot more to finish this... the rest of the parts are holding me up due to financing, but that will change in time.

The truck is already mildly lifted on X code front springs, modified B/C code rears, and Bilsteins on the corners with Hellwig A/S bar. Keeping the stock 3.73 Sterling diffs and going to 35" tires once the Cummins is installed as that tire size now would kill that v10 hog.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch of things but....HELLO!

Last edited by thor363; 08-10-2018 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Forgot parts ...imagine that!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: New from Tennessee. Howdy yall, eh!

Welcome bud!!!! We are definitely going to need some pics haha Can't tell us all this cool stuff without showing it off!!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Likes david3gen, cumminsbadgirl, walla2k5 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Looking forward to posting some pics down the road, but right now, it'd be a pic of a stripped engine on a stand, and an office full of boxes and prepped parts LOL

Thanks for the welcome!

5. Likes cumminsbadgirl, walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Welcome @thor363 looks like you have an awesome truck and sideprojects. Post some pic love these conversion builds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

7. Likes cumminsbadgirl, walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

All the way from Norway! Cool!

Takk, min Herre. Jeg legger snart inn noen bilder.

9. Thanks david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

to the forum @thor363

and welcome to the

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

11. Likes cumminsbadgirl, walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Welcome!! Sounds like a heck of a build. Can't wait to see it when you get it all together.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

13. Likes cumminsbadgirl, walla2k5 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

15. Likes cumminsbadgirl, walla2k5 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Thanks guys. While the oil pan is off, think I should find a good location and add another drain in case I upgrade to twins in the future?

17. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor363 View Post
    New from Tennessee and previous expat Canuck...love me some 'Murica!!!

Many years of working over here in I.T. and seeing how sideways Canuckland is going I'm glad to have the opportunity to be part of the greatest nation on earth....just my two cents, but valid more today than ever.

Just found this forum and hoping it's not full of idiots like the 'other' forum. Building a 1995 Cummins 12 valve and converting a v10 Excursion at the moment. Reason for converting an Ex is needing the room for my wife, our 2 Akitas, and my grand-daughter who's now a permanent addition to our family. We bought a travel trailer when we decided that we needed something to do now that we're parenting again late in life. The trailer only weighs 5,289 dry, but in the mountains, that v10 needs a much deeper gear, and I want to be able to travel all over with this setup (and possibly pull a larger trailer more easily). The weight wasn't a problem for our prior vehicle, but the wheelbase certainly was! Why not keep the v10? Towing I see 6-7 mpg, daily driving around 11 and highway around 13. Cost wise it was not wise to head this way, but reliability and capability it definitely will be.

Anyway, the Cummins is almost ready for assembly and my office looks like a parts room as I've been rebuilding anything I could, and storing in my clean dry office. I'm starting with a 2003 Ex, and a 1995 140k 12 valve. It was the cleanest 12 valve I've possibly ever seen before I started, but I'm a bit OCD so everything gets rebuilt, prepped, painted, etc. The crank and cylinders are amazing still with good crosshatch, no ridge present, no signs of ever being overheated or lugged. The p-pump is only a 160 for the starting build and might be upgraded later depending on how this works out (and finances of course).

So far looks like this and I'm a bit on hold awaiting new work details for latest contract but here it is in a nutshell:

1995 6bt
    HE351WC rebuilt with new cartridge and boost adapter with modified solenoid plug
    DFI 5x14 SAC's with needle work
    Colt Stage 3 cam and 24 valve lifters
    Rebuilt 1998 PS/Vacuum pump with hydroboost option rebuilt with Gould Gear kit
    Two dual vented valve covers, one oil fill cover, and retaining one stock cover for rear under cowl
    Front cover plug set for removing front oil filler
    Keating rear billet freeze plug kit (may install bypass)
    Keating solid tappet cover (non-vented at my request)
    Crazy Carls turbo adapters, 1/2 inch spacer, lines etc
    Head reworked (took forever around here with 'pulling season' to find a machinist to finish this):
    - valve job
    - machined guide area and installed top hat new style seals
    - minor cleanup/mill
    - unshrouded beneath exhaust valves/bowls
    - +60 Cummins valve springs, keepers, retainers
    Clevite CB1413H rod bearings
    ARP head studs
    Enterprise Engine milled rocker pedestals
    Fluidampr with sensor relocation kit
    P-pump (taking it easy up front until all broken in):
    - 181 DV's and o-rings (kept 131's for later though not much difference there and with either I shouldn't be blacking out anyone)
    - TST 4k kit
    - 2095 rack plug
    - AFC Live and w/properly machined foot
    Billet KDP fix (I know, a washer would have done it LOL)
    6.0 intercooler, starter, and 32 row trans cooler

Planning on:
    Initial p-pump timing of 18-19*
    4R100 using a conversion adapter plate/flex plate and PCS TCM controller
    Custom stall triple disk billet converter
    4" exhaust
    ...and a lot more to finish this... the rest of the parts are holding me up due to financing, but that will change in time.

The truck is already mildly lifted on X code front springs, modified B/C code rears, and Bilsteins on the corners with Hellwig A/S bar. Keeping the stock 3.73 Sterling diffs and going to 35" tires once the Cummins is installed as that tire size now would kill that v10 hog.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch of things but....HELLO!
    That is one heck of a built Cummins bud awesome

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

19. Likes cumminsbadgirl, walla2k5 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast