Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non stop issues

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Non stop issues

Ok so I’ve had every issue with this truck and hoping someone can help decipher what currently wrong.

It’s a 07.5 full delete, intake horn, air box, exhaust.

My trans over heats within 30 minutes of driving then won’t shift. My fix was the clutch fan and it worked and kept it below 190, well the clutch fan lasted 2 weeks. I ordered the bd xternal cooler so hopefully that will help, looking to order a deep pan also. Any other advice would be appreciated, I want to get a built trans but it’s not in the budget right now.

Second major issue is I believe my turbo is fluctuating. Hard to explain and other symptoms I’ve read don’t sound like mine. Under a light load when I accelerate the turbo will do what I would call a sputter. It will get pretty bad but the truck will power through it. The boost gauge will jump when this happens also. Only thing I can think of is get a new turbo but I don’t have money like this to spend.

Third is the darn AC. I’m on my third housing, 4th compressor, 2nd orphis tube (think that’s the name), and 2nd dryer. I put a new compressor in and it lasted a week. I know they suck in these trucks but I’ve owned this truck for 4 years and it’s never worked once.

Other issues I’ve had, charging system, whole computer system and minor other issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Non stop issues

Check the thermal bypass valve on cooler lines for trans overheat issue if it is an 68RFE. Is the ac system failing? coming apart or just not cooling? If compressor is just not cycling check the driver in the tipm for output. Those years were bad for tipm failure caused by high current draw from a failed compressor clutch.

2015 RAM 3500 4X4, DRD MM3 FULL OPTIONS PACKAGE WITH RACE PIPE AND EGR DELETE, 20X12 RBP WHEELS WITH 35-12.5-20 TIRES

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mopar331 View Post
    Check the thermal bypass valve on cooler lines for trans overheat issue if it is an 68RFE. Is the ac system failing? coming apart or just not cooling? If compressor is just not cycling check the driver in the tipm for output. Those years were bad for tipm failure caused by high current draw from a failed compressor clutch.
    Yes it’s the 68RFE. What am I checking for? I’m not big on transmissions.
    I believe it just keeps failing, it blew cold out of the passenger side for about 10 minutes and then never again. Now the compressor sounds like its going out again. The compressor is maybe 2 months old and the truck has been sitting for a month and a half. I need new blender doors to get the driver side to work but dodge has done that twice when I still had a warranty.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stags View Post
    Yes it’s the 68RFE. What am I checking for? I’m not big on transmissions.
    I believe it just keeps failing, it blew cold out of the passenger side for about 10 minutes and then never again. Now the compressor sounds like its going out again. The compressor is maybe 2 months old and the truck has been sitting for a month and a half. I need new blender doors to get the driver side to work but dodge has done that twice when I still had a warranty.

The bypass valve will be on the trans cooler lines close to the trans. It is a block in the lines

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2015 RAM 3500 4X4, DRD MM3 FULL OPTIONS PACKAGE WITH RACE PIPE AND EGR DELETE, 20X12 RBP WHEELS WITH 35-12.5-20 TIRES

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mopar331 View Post
    The bypass valve will be on the trans cooler lines close to the trans. It is a block in the lines

Ok I think remember seeing it, do I just check for clogs. I’m assuming it has a check screw or something

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

It's a tiny valve within the block that either plugs up with crap & will not open or it just fails closed not allowing the hot ATF reach the cooler.

Replace it with either a ATS or Revmax delete block!

https://www.atsdiesel.com/ats2/produ...p?p=3100052392

****I don't know if this is the same style that might be installed on your 07.***

With all that overheating - ya might consider changing your ATF as well!

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

it is just a replacement, can not clean it. it works like a txv. it is a thermal valve

8. Likes Stags liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SyN View Post
    It's a tiny valve within the block that either plugs up with crap & will not open or it just fails closed not allowing the hot ATF reach the cooler.

Replace it with either a ATS or Revmax delete block!

****I don't know if this is the same style that might be installed on your 07.***

With all that overheating - ya might consider changing your ATF as well!
    Gotcha ok I’ll order a replacement. Is the delete better in anyone opinion? I’m changing the atf once I install the cooler and deep pan

10. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Delete is better

11. Likes Stags liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Order the Delete block (If the same as Your OEM)!
    You have a good plan!

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast