Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  32
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What fell out from the engine compartment?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: What fell out from the engine compartment?

It's the weight they put on the lines on the drivers side like on the 3rd gens I've seen them there

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

2. Thanks watersupply189, ywgbandit thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ywgbandit View Post
    The only work done on the truck since I got it has been done by me, except the ball joints. I had them done at a shop about a year ago....wonder if it's a tool for that?
    Looks like some kind of spacer tool to me. Have you tried contacting the shop that did the work?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks ywgbandit thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, ywgbandit liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    I feel like I've seen this before. But I can't put my finger on it.
    Same here. It looks soooooo familiar, but...............

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

That clamps on the flexible power steering/hydro boost hose near master cylinder IIRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins. RevMax built 68RFE "550" transmission w/ billet flexplate/low stall triple disc TC/direct oiling billet input shaft. 35"x12.50" Toyo Open Country AT2 tires on OEM 20" wheels, Thuren soft ride front springs, Thuren track bar, Thuren upper and lower control arms, Hellbent steering box brace, King 2.0 steering damper, Redhead steering box, Fox 2.0 shocks, Carli ball joints, Caterpillar fuel filter/Donaldson water separator, ARP 425 head studs, Viair onboard air compressor, airlift 5k# rear airbags, V4 LED headlights, Kenwood head unit

8. Thanks RamIt, watersupply189, ywgbandit thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BSchambs View Post
    That clamps on the flexible power steering/hydro boost hose near master cylinder IIRC.

That's what I was trying to say. Thanks

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

10. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, InlineSix.7 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

What does it do?

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ywgbandit View Post
    What does it do?
    I’m speculating here but possibly to dampen vibrations or pulsations in the hydraulic line. Chrysler wouldn’t spend the money on anything steel like that if the engineers didn’t think it served a purpose.

2012 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins. RevMax built 68RFE "550" transmission w/ billet flexplate/low stall triple disc TC/direct oiling billet input shaft. 35"x12.50" Toyo Open Country AT2 tires on OEM 20" wheels, Thuren soft ride front springs, Thuren track bar, Thuren upper and lower control arms, Hellbent steering box brace, King 2.0 steering damper, Redhead steering box, Fox 2.0 shocks, Carli ball joints, Caterpillar fuel filter/Donaldson water separator, ARP 425 head studs, Viair onboard air compressor, airlift 5k# rear airbags, V4 LED headlights, Kenwood head unit

14. Thanks ywgbandit, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes ywgbandit, watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Copy that! Do you have any idea as to how it's supposed to be fastened in place and how close to the pump it's supposed to be? It looks to me like there was a very small dab of glue on the inside. Could be there wasn't enough to hold it onto the hydraulic line?

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Confirmed. It’s a "vibration damper" (for lack of a better word) to the upper power steering pump hose, which feeds the hydro boost brake master cylinder. I can see where it was at one time glued to the hose. Looks like they didn’t apply enough glue during assembly, because there is only a drop smaller than a dime to hold 2 pounds of steel on a hose that apparently vibrates so much it needs to be damped!
    Thank you all for helping....I was stumped!

18. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Looks like there would be more than glue holding it on. That would be a heck of a liability if it were to come off while driving and hit someone

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12