Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ALFAOBD

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: ALFAOBD

Quote Originally Posted by Danohall View Post
    I used AlfaOBD to turn on the function to keep me from locking my keys in my Ram. Worked like a charm.

I upgraded to factory push button start and "accidentally" locked the FOB in the truck. Turns out if you enable "FOBIK Safe Enable" then you'll get horn honk and the doors will unlock if the FOB is inside.

You need to have a compatible scan tool to use the program.
    What did you have to do to upgrade to push to start?

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Bought an upgrade kit from an online company. All OEM parts except for the wiring.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Gotcha imma have to do some looking and see what i can find. It looks like alfaobd would help get everything set up too

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    So lemme ask yall this. Can this alfaobd work on multiple vehicles and not locked to one? And how exactly does it work? Do you just pay to buy it then all the mods are free? Or do you have to pay for each thing you want to change? It looks like its just a dongle you hook up and then you make the changed from your phone? I would be changing the programming in the bcm so my lights work on my mirrors and so my mirrors will adjust correctly since it came with the sport mirrors.
    Yes sir you can do just about anything with Alfaobd. You just pay the 49.00 for the app and you can use it on as many cars as you like no extra fees. You do need a obd dongle Alfaobd reccomend the OBD Link MX. It Is another 50- 79.00 depending on which one you get.
    Now if your truck is 2018 you will also need to purchase a bypass cable to bypass the can security module that FCA installed after they had issues with people hacking into the cars and controlling there functions remotely. That harness is 50.00.

So for about $150.00 total you can make just about any change you can imagine. You used to need a 1,000.00 or more scaner to do the same. There is a ton of info on Alfaobd on one of the other ram forums. Alot if good info. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 Granite Crystal Laramie Sport 4x4 CCSB
    Thuren 2.75 front with Fox RR/ 1.0 rear with .75 spacer and King 2.0/ Thuren frt/Rear track bars
    American Racing ATX AX202 18x9 5"bs 35X12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    ARE Camper Top

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

You should be able to turn on the tow mirror functions puddle,turn signals and power adj, the only thing you can't do is turn the signals on as running lights. That still has to be done with resistors and diodes in the door.

2018 Ram 2500 Granite Crystal Laramie Sport 4x4 CCSB
    Thuren 2.75 front with Fox RR/ 1.0 rear with .75 spacer and King 2.0/ Thuren frt/Rear track bars
    American Racing ATX AX202 18x9 5"bs 35X12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    ARE Camper Top

6. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by allbizns View Post
    You should be able to turn on the tow mirror functions puddle,turn signals and power adj, the only thing you can't do is turn the signals on as running lights. That still has to be done with resistors and diodes in the door.

Nice thanks for the reply. Def will be something to consider once i decide to start doing things. Or once ive got the extra cash LOL

7. Top Of Page | #17

2 questions on this software..

1. will my MM3 go haywire after I use Alfa to go in and change things? @Double R Diesel ??

2. If the BCM ever gets a reflash from the dealer, will all the things I’ve changed revert back to their original settings?

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 MCSB
    2016 Ram 2500 CCSB *SOLD*

8. Likes Cumminstrokethis liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ViperCummins View Post
    2 questions on this software..

1. will my MM3 go haywire after I use Alfa to go in and change things? @Double R Diesel ??

2. If the BCM ever gets a reflash from the dealer, will all the things I’ve changed revert back to their original settings?
    1. It should not.
    2. Quite possibly yes.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

10. Thanks ViperCummins, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Cumminstrokethis liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

So with this program I can read all of the sensors and perform diagnostic tests? I have been looking at it but the info on the site only shows European car functions. Trying to track down an emissions issue and make sure the right parts are replaced.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

12. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Okay, I have the Alfa OBD now. Have two codes that do not clear as my secondary reader says they are permanent. Anybody know how to get Alfa OBD to clear all of the codes in all of the systems at once?

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12