Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  36
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AFE Intake

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

AFE Intake

@cumminsbadgirl I saw that you had an AFE intake on your truck. How do you like it? Notice any dirt getting past the filter? I'm considering the S&B and the AFE, but I don't want to sacrifice dirt getting past the filter. I know I will never reach the HP that the stock intake can support, just can't live without that turbo sound.

2017 Ram 2500 Laramie, Taken care of by DRD, Carli Leveling Kit, RBP 94r 20x9 Wheels, and 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

1997 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie, too many to list...

2. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: AFE Intake

Oh, and did you ever figure out where that plug went on your exhaust?

2017 Ram 2500 Laramie, Taken care of by DRD, Carli Leveling Kit, RBP 94r 20x9 Wheels, and 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

4. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I like the AFE, that’s all I put on on all my diesel trucks past and present. On my 2012 I had a pre-filter or bra go over the filter and that kept it really clean, when i ordered this AFE I asked if the pre-filter was needed and he said no. I take it to the shop and the boys will clean it for me, but so far so good, no complains I think it’s a personal call on which to choose, I have never used a S&B so you will have to rely on others inputs

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    2014 Cummins Mega 3500 ( Aisin ) 4X4
    MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

6. Thanks FarmerJohn104 thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

AFE Intake

How long have you had it on? Did it make a pretty good difference in hearing the turbo? Sorry for all the questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes watersupply189, 1BdKntryboy liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerJohn104 View Post
    Oh, and did you ever figure out where that plug went on your exhaust?
    HA !!! I totally forgot all about that my apologies !!
    Yes, when I went to the shop I told the owner I could not find where the plug goes, then.... he chuckled and said he had forgotten that he unbolted the whole connecter from the body underneath (only 2 lil bolts holding it he said) so it is still connected to the filter I still have them laying in the bed of my truck, so I can take a pic tommorrow if you like THANK YOU for the reminder

"Cumminsbadgirl"

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

10. Likes watersupply189, 1BdKntryboy liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I've like the S&B and bought that for my truck, but I didn't like their dry filters at $40+ a pop. So I invested in the aFe dry filter ... after measuring the inside cavity of my S&B housing plus the inlet and bought their filter. It is reusable and so far have had no problems with it.

Actually, in my eyes, this might be a better set up than my stock box. So you might look into a combo set up ...

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

12. Thanks FarmerJohn104 thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsbadgirl View Post
    HA !!! I totally forgot all about that my apologies !!
    Yes, when I went to the shop I told the owner I could not find where the plug goes, then.... he chuckled and said he had forgotten that he unbolted the whole connecter from the body underneath (only 2 lil bolts holding it he said) so it is still connected to the filter I still have them laying in the bed of my truck, so I can take a pic tommorrow if you like THANK YOU for the reminder

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    LOL no need for a picture, I know what module you are talking about. Glad it all worked out! And thanks again for the insight.

14. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I had the AFE on my second gen on my 97 absolutely loved mine had the oiled filter

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    I had the AFE on my second gen on my 97 absolutely loved mine had the oiled filter
    Still have my 97 with the AFE stage 2 and love it. Had an S&B on a 06 and it was good too, but with the 6.7 just trying to get some more turbo sound without compensating filtration.

17. Likes watersupply189, 1BdKntryboy liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

AFE Intake

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerJohn104 View Post
    How long have you had it on? Did it make a pretty good difference in hearing the turbo? Sorry for all the questions.

CAI is the 1st thing I always do under the hood, I got the truck last April and had it put in within a couple weeks.

"Cumminsbadgirl"

2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

19. Likes watersupply189, 1BdKntryboy liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast