Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  19
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEW H&S Mini Maxx

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

NEW H&S Mini Maxx

hello, i have a 2012 Ram 2500 and just got my Mini Maxx Today? where is the link i need to go to to update the software/firmware?

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: NEW H&S Mini Maxx

I got mine off the H&S website but that was a long time ago. I understand they are still there but not accessible from their home page anymore. I will see if I still have the link.

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 4syth1 View Post
    hello, i have a 2012 Ram 2500 and just got my Mini Maxx Today? where is the link i need to go to to update the software/firmware?
    H&S just recently shut the "H&S Performance" website completely down. There is no more online updater from them. There may be some other sources online. I do have a mini maxx update saved on my computer. I might could post the files up on my sky drive... I'll see later on today.

Folks need to be aware that H&S has not produced a tuner in over 2 years now. There still could be a few genuine H&S mini maxx and xrt pros out there but mostly what is for sale now marked as new are replicas. I have no idea if there is any product support for these replica units either.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

6. Thanks Polaraco, IGOTACUMMINS, Power247, AnOldBiker thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thanks

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    H&S just recently shut the "H&S Performance" website completely down. There is no more online updater from them. There may be some other sources online. I do have a mini maxx update saved on my computer. I might could post the files up on my sky drive... I'll see later on today.

Folks need to be aware that H&S has not produced a tuner in over 2 years now. There still could be a few genuine H&S mini maxx and xrt pros out there but mostly what is for sale now marked as new are replicas. I have no idea if there is any product support for these replica units either.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    I was wondering where all these new H&S tuners were coming from. Scary that replicas are being made without H&S support.

Greg

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    I was wondering where all these new H&S tuners were coming from. Scary that replicas are being made without H&S support.

Greg
    Indeed. I've heard of a few bricked ECMs with no one to turn to already.😦

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Indeed. I've heard of a few bricked ECMs with no one to turn to already.😦

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    Ray, what does someone do for a bricked ECM?

Thomas-2012 Saddle Brown Pearl CCSB

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    Ray, what does someone do for a bricked ECM?

Thomas-2012 Saddle Brown Pearl CCSB
    A truly bricked ECM is trash and the only fix is replacement. If you have a failed flash, you can recover the ECM with a special recovery file if the ECM is still in a recoverable condition. Generally ECMs are recoverable if the partial or interrupted flash wasn't a total failure.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

A truly bricked ECM is trash and the only fix is replacement. If you have a failed flash, you can recover the ECM with a special recovery file if the ECM is still in a recoverable condition. Generally ECMs are recoverable if the partial or interrupted flash wasn't a total failure.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    The recovery is in the tuner already. It's a code or a sequence you have to do.

I remember when I was doing the BETA for them, we had several ECM loses. It was easily recovered. But that was 8 years ago. I don't remember the sequence.

There is one guy that may know. . . @Truckwurx

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    The recovery is in the tuner already. It's a code or a sequence you have to do.

I remember when I was doing the BETA for them, we had several ECM loses. It was easily recovered. But that was 8 years ago. I don't remember the sequence.

There is one guy that may know. . . @Truckwurx
    Its supposed to be...but like I said there have been a few cases where the recovery function didn't work on some of these "new" mini maxx's. I deal with these guys every day and I know.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast