Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Firmware update instead of latest?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Old Firmware update instead of latest?

I have a 2015 with the Aisin. I know the newest firmware update includes trans tuning for those with the 68RFE. For my truck this doesn't do anything for me. Would it be good for me to go back to the older tunes for my application? I heard it has better VGT turbo sound and fuel economy and being that I don't benefit from the trans tuning perhaps I could go this route until Warp Tuning is finalized. I have a SD card with the old files on it. Would I go back the same way you update and refresh the ecm?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fulldrawassassin View Post
    I have a 2015 with the Aisin. I know the newest firmware update includes trans tuning for those with the 68RFE. For my truck this doesn't do anything for me. Would it be good for me to go back to the older tunes for my application? I heard it has better VGT turbo sound and fuel economy and being that I don't benefit from the trans tuning perhaps I could go this route until Warp Tuning is finalized. I have a SD card with the old files on it. Would I go back the same way you update and refresh the ecm?
    For you, yes you could benefit with nothing lost since you have the Aisin.

You have to backdate the tuner in order for it accept the old firmware. I haven't done it myself. I know someone who has. Let's see if he can add to this... @Noneck

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    For you, yes you could benefit with nothing lost since you have the Aisin.

You have to backdate the tuner in order for it accept the old firmware. I haven't done it myself. I know someone who has. Let's see if he can add to this... @Noneck

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    Thanks Ray!

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Backdating the tuner was simple. Franz shared a "k" version update via Dropbox. I just did it like a normal firmware update. It told me there was a new firmware update when I plugged the SD card in. I have the file on my Dropbox now which I can share if you need it. My email is noneckg at Gmail.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Okay, I'd appreciate it.

7. Likes Noneck liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Email request sent! Now I just hope I can figure this out without messing something up. Last time Ray had to hold my hand like I was a small child! Haha! I do appreciate everyone's insight and help.

9. Likes Noneck liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Okay, I got the zip file from my email. Once loaded on the Raceme Ultra is that all that is needed? Just reprogram the ECM just like the update and I'm good to go? Or do I need to do this and then load the old firmware from the original SD card? Not trying to make this harder than it is just wanna do it right. Thanks.

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

This is what I see when I insert the original SD card with the older firmware. (Under firmware update) It shows the latest update to date firmware and then shows the older version as the update. My thinking is: if I update it will take me backwards. Then I reprogram the ECM and then I'll be back to original tunes and settings I desire. Any thoughts?

13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

My assumption was correct. This is how I accomplished my mission!

I inserted the "ORIGINAL" SD card into the Raceme Ultra.
    Then I went to the update firmware. It showed the updated version and the older version via the SD card I inserted.
    I told it to update and it did successfully. I unplugged the Raceme Ultra. Turned it on and the old version was loaded. I reprogrammed my ECM and during the programming it was missing a file but had a replacement. I'm assuming it was the trans tune that is no longer there.
    It reprogrammed successfully!

The only side affects were a check engine light and my fuel filter life went to 0%. Wierd..... The Raceme wouldn't clear the check engine light. So I unplugged it and read + erased it with a code reader. After that the check engine light was gone and I was able to reset my fuel filter to 100%. It's not accurate but fixed.
    *note: the fuel filter issue happened on another truck and the same process fixed the issue*

Hope this helps!
    Ray called and agreed that my thinking was correct. Thanks buddy!

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, Power247, IGOTACUMMINS, Noneck liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast