Thanks Thanks:  1,458
Likes Likes:  2,874
Page 53 of 253 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: RaceME Ultra Update and Upcoming RaceME Custom Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #521

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaBoone View Post
    That's why I was asking him after watching that video and Alain knowing that he had a mini maxx in his 2012 before the RaceME. So I started to look up how hard it was to do head studs and it's definitely a lot easier to do them before you blow a HG than it is after you blow one. From what I've seen is you can do studs without needing a new gasket if you follow steps one by one. Is that true Ray? I already think I need 625 and a new clutch!
    While your in there you may as well set valve lash. From reading from others these things are all over the spec range when checked.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, IGOTACUMMINS, GrandpaBoone liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #522
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

That's a good thought. I will defenitly do that!

4. Top Of Page | #523

User Info Menu

Factory valve lash is .010 and .026... it is very common and I had mine done at .010 and .020.

Xmas is close any thing exciting happening ray or franz?????????

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #524

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oneshotkyle View Post
    Factory valve lash is .010 and .026... it is very common and I had mine done at .010 and .020.

Xmas is close any thing exciting happening ray or franz?????????
    Kyle I spoke to Franz yesterday. Custom tuning software still isn't quite ready. He couldn't say it would be ready by next week but I'm still hoping Santa will come through... I was such a good boy this year!! LOL

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

7. Top Of Page | #525

User Info Menu

I've been a good boy too! Maybe that will help us!

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #526

User Info Menu

Me three

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD, huffdaddy70 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #527

User Info Menu

So when I started the truck this morning and manually engaged high idle, it started this weird chugging thing. It would only happen at a certain rpm range as you can see in the video below. When I first increase idle speed to about 1000 is doesn't chug, but as soon as I go above regular high idle it starts chugging.

I'm on the latest RaceME software, default rail and timing, 30hp duration, economy spool.

Is this a tuning issue or some other problem? If it matters, it hit around 10 degrees overnight and I had to charge my batteries to get the truck started, but I can't see how this would be caused by dead batteries.

12. Top Of Page | #528

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mtday View Post
    So when I started the truck this morning and manually engaged high idle, it started this weird chugging thing. It would only happen at a certain rpm range as you can see in the video below. When I first increase idle speed to about 1000 is doesn't chug, but as soon as I go above regular high idle it starts chugging.

I'm on the latest RaceME software, default rail and timing, 30hp duration, economy spool.

Is this a tuning issue or some other problem? If it matters, it hit around 10 degrees overnight and I had to charge my batteries to get the truck started, but I can't see how this would be caused by dead batteries.

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/...psyxspzpay.jpg
    Ask Ratlin'HP about this. He has encountered this using a particular VGT setting at cold startup. It is simply a cold ambient temp turbo mapping issue within the RaceME tuning. They are aware of it and are going to take care of it. What is happening at around 1100 rpms the VGT will bounce back and forth from nearly shut to open thus causing the effect. Trucks with the EGR still in place don't see the effect as bad as the excess exhaust back pressure that is generated during the closed position actually gets gated through the EGR system as blow by.

Try a different VGT setting on the next cold startup and see what happens.

BTW, I got your PM but I can't seem to respond back through tapatalk. Email me please.
    @RATLIN'HP

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, mtday thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #529

User Info Menu

Where do i go to see what software is on my truck? I think i have the latest, but not sure.

15. Top Of Page | #530

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by E.mccarthy7018 View Post
    Where do i go to see what software is on my truck? I think i have the latest, but not sure.
    All you can check with the Ultra is the firmware version, which the latest is "26" version. To actually see if you have the latest software is pull your SD card out and open up the files on it to view. The latest update will have several files on it dated 12-4

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 53 of 253 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast