Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21

Thread: Fender Well / Liner Removal

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Fender Well / Liner Removal

2018 3500 with the factory installed fender flares. I have all the little black screws as well as the plastic plug removed from the passenger side fender. I am trying to remove the wheel well so I can more easily reach the downpipe band clamp for this 5-inch flo pro I am wanting to install. Is there a trick to getting this thing out? It's in there tight as hell and I don't feel like I can get it out without breaking it or something else.

Outside of that, the truck has very low miles and the rest of the install should go fairly well.

Edit: I was doing exhaust work so I looked here first. I will check the exterior mod forum as well and see what I can dig up.

2. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Fender Well / Liner Removal

Quote Originally Posted by Mortifera View Post
    2018 3500 with the factory installed fender flares. I have all the little black screws as well as the plastic plug removed from the passenger side fender. I am trying to remove the wheel well so I can more easily reach the downpipe band clamp for this 5-inch flo pro I am wanting to install. Is there a trick to getting this thing out? It's in there tight as hell and I don't feel like I can get it out without breaking it or something else.

Outside of that, the truck has very low miles and the rest of the install should go fairly well.

Edit: I was doing exhaust work so I looked here first. I will check the exterior mod forum as well and see what I can dig up.
    It just unscrews from inside wheel well

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Not sure on the 18' but on my 13' but there are 2 or 3 plastic push fastners in there. They are very brittle so be careful removing them. They look similar to the ones below

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

6. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

And if you mess them up, I believe I seen them at NAPA

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

8. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I found the 2nd one I didn’t see...

and i I do need to go to Napa, haha.

Everything else seems to be to be in order. I can’t figure out how to disconnect something off of stock exhaust. It’s a wierd little plug, that’s for sure.

10. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I found the 2nd one I didn’t see...

and i I do need to go to Napa, haha.

Everything else seems to be to be in order. I can’t figure out how to disconnect something off of stock exhaust. It’s a wierd little plug, that’s for sure.
    Take a picture and post it

12. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Ok. All done and I must say that I love the sound. YouTube clips sound great but really didn’t do it any justice. Much deeper sound than I had imagined. Especially loud in my ally.

14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Western View Post
    Not sure on the 18' but on my 13' but there are 2 or 3 plastic push fastners in there. They are very brittle so be careful removing them. They look similar to the ones belowhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6b01e103db.jpg

I use to keep tons of these on hand and would just replace them any time I took them out. I found that it kept things tighter on my applications.

15. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Ok. All done and I must say that I love the sound. YouTube clips sound great but really didn’t do it any justice. Much deeper sound than I had imagined. Especially loud in my ally.
    Glad to hear you got it all done