Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  24

Thread: Another Surge Issue

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Another Surge Issue

'17 2500 fully deleted (including heater grid) w/ 18k miles, tunes by Ray/MM3. Have driven it for nearly 6k miles without any real issues. Just recently it started surging at idle. Not all the time, hot or cold, no CEL's. Just enough to be annoying. Otherwise it runs great throughout the power band, under load and all gears. Any of you fine Cummins gurus have any thoughts/suggestions?

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Another Surge Issue

Quote Originally Posted by jeepmanjr View Post
    '17 2500 fully deleted (including heater grid) w/ 18k miles, tunes by Ray/MM3. Have driven it for nearly 6k miles without any real issues. Just recently it started surging at idle. Not all the time, hot or cold, no CEL's. Just enough to be annoying. Otherwise it runs great throughout the power band, under load and all gears. Any of you fine Cummins gurus have any thoughts/suggestions?
    Could be the turbo actuator going south. Could be low voltage programming if you are using our sound tunes via the RT menu. Could be a short circuit within the exhaust back pressure circuit.

Email me at ray@doublerdiesel.com if you haven't already and we can dive in a little deeper.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    Could be the turbo actuator going south. Could be low voltage programming if you are using our sound tunes via the RT menu. Could be a short circuit within the exhaust back pressure circuit.

Email me at ray@doublerdiesel.com if you haven't already and we can dive in a little deeper.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Boom! Once again Mr. Ray is always there for his customers! This is why he is our number one selling tuner!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I get that surging issue if I throw the 12v sound tune in to early. I have to wait until it hits about 150 on the coolant temp before it runs right

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2014 2055
    Deleted, tuned(DRD)
    Fully Build 68RFE by BD Diesel
    SXE 64.5 fixed vane turbo
    Inline exhaust break
    Stock CP3 and injectors

6. Thanks jeepmanjr thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

OK...got in touch with Ray and updated my tunes for my MM3 Lite setup. First off, boy...what a difference. Truck is so much more responsive. But the big deal here is that it seems the idle surge has disappeared. Made a couple of hard stops and got just a couple of bounces at idle that cleared right up. So far, after my test runs the surging is gone. I'm stoked.

Another 100% satisfied DRD customer. Thanks a million!!

8. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jeepmanjr View Post
    OK...got in touch with Ray and updated my tunes for my MM3 Lite setup. First off, boy...what a difference. Truck is so much more responsive. But the big deal here is that it seems the idle surge has disappeared. Made a couple of hard stops and got just a couple of bounces at idle that cleared right up. So far, after my test runs the surging is gone. I'm stoked.

Another 100% satisfied DRD customer. Thanks a million!!
    Yes indeed that’s why Ray and the MM3 tuner he programs are the best in the buisness hands down end of story

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

10. Likes jeepmanjr, walla2k5 liked this post