Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Shifting after tune

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Shifting after tune

So I just installed exhaust and tuner on my wifes 17 2500. Tunes are from Ray. My 16 has noticeable shifts 1st-6th. Her truck sounds like its not shifting but the gear selector shows that it is. Is this the way the new warp tunes are? Also the shift flare from gears 5 and 6 is way more noticeable than my other truck. I drove her truck for about 10 miles rolling through all gears and it's not what I'm used to with my 16 truck. Trans temp is normal (160 range). Can Someone with recent tune chime in and let me know if your experience is the same or different?

Edit: both trucks have rays tunes.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

2016 Ram 2500, Deleted & Tuned by DRD, 5 in Flo-Pro exhaust, REVMAX ZeroFlex Valve Body, Thuren 2.5 Fox suspension.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Shifting after tune

Quote Originally Posted by Stevent85 View Post
    So I just installed exhaust and tuner on my wifes 17 2500. Tunes are from Ray. My 16 has noticeable shifts 1st-6th. Her truck sounds like its not shifting but the gear selector shows that it is. Is this the way the new warp tunes are? Also the shift flare from gears 5 and 6 is way more noticeable than my other truck. I drove her truck for about 10 miles rolling through all gears and it's not what I'm used to with my 16 truck. Trans temp is normal (160 range). Can Someone with recent tune chime in and let me know if your experience is the same or different?

Edit: both trucks have rays tunes.

I've got an 11 2500 with Ray's tunes (including 68RFE) and I've noticed rough shifting. It's particularly present on 4th and 5th gear when you're on it and then suddenly let out because you need to brake or something. I assumed it was because the line pressure was bumped up 10psi, but I'm not sure. It'd be awesome to get rid of the rough shifts, but it doesn't bother me all too much.

Dylan

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

3. Likes 14Cummins83 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Your experience sounds like how my 16 runs. This new 17 is different. 1-4 almost no noticeable shifting....sounds like its not shifting. Gears 5 and 6 are noticeable shifts. Has me worried a bit since its a brand new truck.

2016 Ram 2500, Deleted & Tuned by DRD, 5 in Flo-Pro exhaust, REVMAX ZeroFlex Valve Body, Thuren 2.5 Fox suspension.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I have a 17 with Rays EGRLess tuning and 68RFE tuning. Easy throttle acceleration when the torque converter is not locked its hard to notice the shifts but after 4th gear you can definitely feel it shift once the converter locks. I have my transmission gear selection as one of my PID's on my MM3.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

6. Likes Stevent85 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Let's ask Ray.

@Double R Diesel

*Get exclusive benefits by signing up as Lifetime Platinum Member today*

"The grass is greener where you water it"

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MC250r719 View Post
    I have a 17 with Rays EGRLess tuning and 68RFE tuning. Easy throttle acceleration when the torque converter is not locked its hard to notice the shifts but after 4th gear you can definitely feel it shift once the converter locks. I have my transmission gear selection as one of my PID's on my MM3.
    Thats comforting to hear. How do you set the gear to show on mm3?

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

To change any of the display choices simply press the one you want to change. Another screen will pop up on the MM3 and you will have a lot of choices to choose from. Press transmission and find what is displayed on the right side of the MM3 / Race Me display shown below.
    Gear position (Gear P) Transmission line pressure (TP) and Torque converter slip (TQ-S).

I hope this helps a little.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

10. Likes Stevent85, Power247, Rob See liked this post