Thanks Thanks:  71
Likes Likes:  153
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Need some advice on a vehicle purchase

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: Need some advice on a vehicle purchase

If I was going to buy a GAS powered half ton, I'd look pretty hard into a Toyota. Couple of guys I know have over 300k, with nothing but service done to them. But I personally don't know much more about them. Kinda off topic I know since you're looking at diesel. I'm just not sure I'd ever go the diesel way for my wife. Several reasons why, and probably another thread LOL!

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

2. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsbadgirl View Post
    Maybe you both just need to take a day or two and go out and test drive all the possible trucks that have crossed your minds then do a pro/con list ?? But yes i agree that "comfort" needs to be an important factor. Good luck !!!!
    Suggest you narrow it down to 1 or 2 then get a rental for a few days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

3. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl, RamIt liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 4kids2dogs&RV View Post
    Great idea !

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

5. Likes RamIt liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Great idea !
    Whoops... i need time out LOL

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

7. Likes RamIt liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Car salesman! That explains everything!!! LOL

I wouldn't know about their tech dating. But in spite of themselves, they just got knocked back to the 2nd largest car maker in the world by VW. I detected allot of GM influence. That right there is a deterrent for me.

Female fire plug. Runt Pigme LOL
    hey i said former salesman LOL. But I'm with you on the GM thing, #TeamRecall has not fared well over the past few years; and that's a big concern of mine. The 2.8 Duramax doesn't bother me because that mother has been around for quite sometime overseas (not a fan of the emissions stuff, but we all know what to do there ) but its everything else that I have a concern about. Granted, a solid bumper-to-bumper solves most of those issues, but neither of us can be put in a position to have a dealer magnet.

Maybe you both just need to take a day or two and go out and test drive all the possible trucks that have crossed your minds then do a pro/con list ?? But yes i agree that "comfort" needs to be an important factor. Good luck !!!!
    This is something we've done so far. Drove the Colorado and the Canyon and ruled out the Colorado pretty quickly. Outside of those, there really aren't a lot of other trucks to drive; don't need a dealership to drive a Ram LOL :P. Unless there is something out there that we have just completely overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    If I was going to buy a GAS powered half ton, I'd look pretty hard into a Toyota. Couple of guys I know have over 300k, with nothing but service done to them. But I personally don't know much more about them. Kinda off topic I know since you're looking at diesel. I'm just not sure I'd ever go the diesel way for my wife. Several reasons why, and probably another thread LOL!
    For a gasser, the Tundra is nice...if you don't mind a 10-12MPG REAL street average. That iForce is seriously outdated (8 years now) and it is awful on fuel. And don't even talk about lift/wheels/tires, that cut my economy down to 9MPG city (12.1 avg over 10,000 miles of combined driving, mostly highway). However, creature comforts are lacking on that front.......anyways, another topic for another thread LOL. All kidding aside, I would be very interested in knowing why you wouldn't put your wife in a diesel....honestly, this is why I started this thread. Please, feel free to PM me if you don't want to post publicly, but this is the kind of stuff I need to know!

Quote Originally Posted by 4kids2dogs&RV View Post

Out of all the things we've considered, this was not one of them. Fantastic idea, only issue is finding someone that has what we are looking for to rent!

Keep it coming guys and gals, I really do appreciate the insight. We are trying to check off every box before we pull the trigger because I'm only doing this once LOL, and then shes stuck with whatever for awhile.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

9. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

Well if she managed to put diesel in it all the time instead of gas, that would take care of my first concern. I couldn't imagine the look on her face when it gets cold and hand her a bottle of Howes and funnel, and tell her to add a little of that every time you fill up. Keep in mind I'm talking about my wife, not yours. Mine is a turn key and go kinda woman. That's not the greatest on any cold vehicle, but alot less stressful on a gas motor. Several other little things like that, and the fact she don't need one. Services are twice the work, twice the money, and all for something she don't need. Like I said this is just my situation, and my 2 cents.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

10. Thanks DUST1N, RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes DUST1N, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN, RamIt liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    My thoughts as well. But really it's just the principle of driving a truck this big. Fortunately she doesn't have a parking deck to deal with, but parking in our area is awful.

Then there's the garage situation...... LOL

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    LOL yeah, the garage parking will always get ya. In that case might as well go with the canyon Denali with the duramax haha

12. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Well if she managed to put diesel in it all the time instead of gas, that would take care of my first concern. I couldn't imagine the look on her face when it gets cold and hand her a bottle of Howes and funnel, and tell her to add a little of that every time you fill up. Keep in mind I'm talking about my wife, not yours. Mine is a turn key and go kinda woman. That's not the greatest on any cold vehicle, but alot less stressful on a gas motor. Several other little things like that, and the fact she don't need one. Services are twice the work, twice the money, and all for something she don't need. Like I said this is just my situation, and my 2 cents.
    Well my wife has managed to take my Ram to the gas station and put diesel in it LOL. In regards to cold starts, she grasps the concept of start and wait, but a block heater definitely speeds things along. I do my own maintenance on my truck, so it's nothing for me to do it twice. And I also don't run fuel additives on a consistent basis, mainly because I haven't been able to discern any differences between using them and not using them. For her, it would just be the urea (temporarily at least), but shes aware of that with my truck too. Only reason I won't buy a gasser is because of fuel economy; she's commuting an hour one-way for work all highway.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbskie View Post
    LOL yeah, the garage parking will always get ya. In that case might as well go with the canyon Denali with the duramax haha
    The Ram will fit in the garage, but its tight; mainly because of my work bench, which I can move around to make it more practical. My one caveat to buying this house was my truck had to fit in the garage, so I was very specific on door height and overall depth.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

13. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

With her drive to work every day I say Denali. From the reviews i have watched they seem to get great mpg. Hard spending just as much on half the truck though

2014 RAM 2500 TRADESMAN "SMOKED A BIT TURBO LIT AND THAT WAS IT"

14. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

Ha I'm not poking at my wife, and definately not yours. Heck I almost put diesel in her durango two days ago. The main thing for us and her would be she don't need it. The little dmax would be something I'd like to know more about though. My biggest fear with it would be if the technology to make it the way we like it is available.

15. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt liked this post
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast