Thread: 2019 2500 Laramie Build

1. Top Of Page | #71

User Info Menu

Re: 2019 2500 Laramie Build

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Hey guys.... Christmas came early.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...48768a73dd.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0a4cc0b04e.jpg

I wasn't supposed to be able to get this until tomorrow. But the dealership had it ready early. After all was said and done, Im super glad its all worked out.

So long, Camaro, you were fun.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e5f7aee484.jpg
    Congrats!! She beautiful! Glad you finally got her home.

I'm seeing more and more '19s on the road now and man they look sharp.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

2. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #72

User Info Menu

@Power247 thank you!! I was really unsure of the new style at first.

But I'm really a fan after seeing them in person! Plus the improvements to the interior are amazing.

It's been awhile since I drove a vehicle that didn't fit in parking space

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

4. Likes Power247, cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #73

User Info Menu

Well I found out yesterday that the dealership didn't air down my tires...all 4 were maxing the TPMS monitors at 99psi; that was fun. Check your tire pressures on delivery!

In other news, I found out this morning that I have power adjustable pedals This was an exciting find LOL

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #74
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Alright, so now that I'm home and on the computer. I wanted to jump back on here and post up. First of all, thank you again for the congratulations! @DRD I really hope you get your truck soon! @Cumminsforlife! thank you and I couldn't agree more!

So my only complaint is that my bed didn't get sprayed with bed liner, I was under the impression that RamBoxes came sprayed...apparently not on the Laramie, or I missed an option somewhere. Oh well.

Aside from that, this thing is a dream to drive. The radar cruise control makes highway trips a breeze; blind spot monitor and the surround view camera make everything else stupid easy. Backing this thing across a parking lot into a parking space is insanely easy! I'll do some videos of this stuff this week, but if any one is on the fence with ordering Tow Tech/Safety Group...I can promise you they are worth it!

More to come!

I am glad you got your truck. Yup, the sprayed bed liner is an option. I luckily got it.

Your truck is just plain gorgeous!! And I am glad you like all the cameras. I also found the blind spot monitor is fantastic. I was about to go into the middle lane and some yahoo in a Chevy truck flew from the left lane to the middle, passed me and then immediately slowed down in front of me so they could take the exit and there was no one behind me. The blind spot monitor kept me from possibly getting into an accident.

Here is a toast to you that you only have sunny skies when you drive it. Good luck with your truck!

8. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #75

User Info Menu

That is very sharp looking, congrats! Those tires look a little small though.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

10. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt, CAPTAJR liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #76

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSprings View Post
    I am glad you got your truck. Yup, the sprayed bed liner is an option. I luckily got it.

Your truck is just plain gorgeous!! And I am glad you like all the cameras. I also found the blind spot monitor is fantastic. I was about to go into the middle lane and some yahoo in a Chevy truck flew from the left lane to the middle, passed me and then immediately slowed down in front of me so they could take the exit and there was no one behind me. The blind spot monitor kept me from possibly getting into an accident.

Here is a toast to you that you only have sunny skies when you drive it. Good luck with your truck!
    Thank you thank you! Yes, the cameras are terrific and the blind spot is a god send. I can set the mirrors to cover all the area that the blind spot monitor doesn't cover so in addition to the cameras, I can see all the way around the truck which is a huge improvement over the 4th gen. And we already got rain, and I already had someone try to brake check me into an accident in the rain because they were doing 20 under the speed limit in the far left lane, but here's to hoping that doesn't happen again!

Quote Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
    That is very sharp looking, congrats! Those tires look a little small though.
    Thank you! And I completely agree with you LOL Really want to do 37s on 17s, but I didn't get the 4.10 final drive in this, so 3.73 might be a touch short for 37s; but we will see!

12. Top Of Page | #77

User Info Menu

Alright, so here's my 238 mile overview/insight/review/whatever LOL

1. This truck is TALL! This picture was taken at about neck level, and you can see that the Miata is almost completely obscured by the hood. Compared to the 4th gen, the 5th gen is noticeably taller from the interior. Plus, compared to leveled trucks & some lifted trucks, the 5th gen stands at about the same height (compared to a 2017 F250 on a 2" level)

IMG_4016.jpg

2. The aluminum hood is very concerning on the highway as it flexes pretty significantly at 80mph. I adjusted my stops up 2 clicks and that seems to have improved the flexing/vibration, but compared to a steel hood, it is certainly not as solid.

3. The Harmon-Kardon system is phenomenal for a OE stereo. Sure the highs could be a little louder, but overall, I'm very impressed considering the number of bad reviews I've read about it.

4. This trucks is quiet! Ram really did wonders on almost completely eliminating cabin noise, even at highway speeds. Of course, the OE restrictive exhaust makes about as much noise as a Prius, but that's another story. This thing is quieter than my wife's Tesla was, lets put it that way.

5. LED lighting. It's everywhere but the RamBoxes, and it's terrific. The LED headlights/foglights are very impressive for not being projectors, crisp cut offs & pretty good distance.

6. The interior is impressive. There's way more to talk about than what I feel like typing, but everything is an improvement from the 4th gens...everything.

7. Handling for a HD, it's pretty good. You can feel the upgrades and improvements to the suspension when laying into some curves. The truck is far more confident and stable than my 4th gen was.

Ok, that's about all I've got right now. I plan on firing up my YouTube channel again soon and making some new content with this truck. I'll go over everything I've talked about here, plus some things that I didn't; so I'll post that up once I shoot & edit it.

In the meantime, if you're on the fence about a 5th gen & have questions, don't hesitate to ask!

13. Thanks Jaxonsram, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #78

User Info Menu

So, per usual, tint is always the first thing to go on. In the great state of Arizona, fishbowl is not an option.

Tint.jpg

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes 4kids2dogs&RV, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #79

User Info Menu

Bam.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

17. Top Of Page | #80

User Info Menu

Hey everyone, so I mentioned a couple of posts ago that I plan on restarting my YouTube channel.

I'd like to get your feedback on what type of content you would want to see as it pertains to the 5th gen trucks.

My account was demonitized over a year ago, so this isn't about money but about making quality content that is relevant.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast