Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: wheel spacer question

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

wheel spacer question

hello all, got a question for anyone who ran into this issue. my 2012 ram in my sig. i have 20x12 monstir mayhem rims, 37x12.5x20 toyos. i have double spacers in the rear, one to space the duallys away from the axle and one to space in between the tires. now ive taken a look at the spacing and am looking at taking the spacer out in between the tires as i should have enough clearence between the tires to do without it. my question is, my front rubs like crazy on my long arm kit, thinking would it be ok to put the spacer im removing from the rear and put it on the front? they are high quality bora spacers and have been on my rear for 10k miles, under load with no issues. any input would be awesome thankyou in advance

2012 RAM 3500 CCLB, G56, South Bend DD Ceramic, Deletes, MM3 with DRD Tunes, Headstuds, 4" Exhaust, 8" Mcgaughy's Long Arm Lift, 22.5 alcoas, 3.42 Gears, Recon Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light.

2008 RAM 3500 Mega, 68RFE, Leveling Kit, 35" Comforsers, Deletes, Headstuds, Smarty JR67 Pre-Emissions Law, Edge Insight, Airbags, AFE intake, 5" Exhaust.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: wheel spacer question

Quote Originally Posted by Supergf350 View Post
    hello all, got a question for anyone who ran into this issue. my 2012 ram in my sig. i have 20x12 monstir mayhem rims, 37x12.5x20 toyos. i have double spacers in the rear, one to space the duallys away from the axle and one to space in between the tires. now ive taken a look at the spacing and am looking at taking the spacer out in between the tires as i should have enough clearence between the tires to do without it. my question is, my front rubs like crazy on my long arm kit, thinking would it be ok to put the spacer im removing from the rear and put it on the front? they are high quality bora spacers and have been on my rear for 10k miles, under load with no issues. any input would be awesome thankyou in advance
    You should be fine, I've been running 1.5 inch spacers on my jeep for five years now and had zero problems. Granted, it only weighs 5000 lbs, but it's on 37s and gets wheeled very hard, lots of rock crawling but it also sees pavement at highway speeds occasionally.
    I did a lot of research before I decided to put spacers on and from what I read the only people that had problems were running cheap spacers. The only thing negative that I read about running spacers on the front axle that I thought might be true is that by spacing the wheels out on a steering axle you are putting more strain on the ball joints, which could possibly wear then out sooner. My ball joints seem fine after five years though and I couldn't find anyone who had actually had that problem, just folks speculating that it would happen, so...
    They need to be hub centric, which the Bora spacers are, and make sure you torque check them regularly. I'm sure you know that though if you've been running them for 10k already.

2011 Ram 3500 SLT, 6.7 Cummins. 4.10 gears 68RFE Transmission. RaceMe Ultra with Warp Tuning by DRD, DDP Hooligan turbo, GDP Air Boss grid delete, S-2 Intake manifold and Mega-Flow TVM Grid Heater. 4 inch superlift lift kit with Bilstein shocks, dual steering stabilizer. 35x12.5x20 Toyo AT3s on black KMC XD795 wheels. Fender flares, N-Fab 6 step nerf bars.
    Honestly it's just a tow rig...

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: wheel spacer question

Quote Originally Posted by Supergf350 View Post

You will be plenty fine, Bora spacers are insanely great quality and quite versatile spacers!

Make sure to like us on Facebook!
    Want a good daily dose of custom trucks? Check our Instagram!
    We sell wheels& tires, lift kits, custom lighting, grills, light bars and more! Right Here!