Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hub vs Lug Centric Wheels

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Hub vs Lug Centric Wheels

Preparing a wheel and tire upgrade and was curious to see what you guys think about installing lug centric wheels and maintaining the factory load capacities of these trucks. I know most of the aftermarket wheels are lug centric and there are plenty of them running on these trucks everyday but it did get me thinking.

I'm pretty set on a set of Method Mesh and was also wondering if these coming with hub centric rings? I know the CJC guys build a pile of trucks running Methods and was hoping for a little info here too.

2016 Ram 2500 Mega Cab - 68RFE - Carli 2.5" level coils - Carli radius arm drops - Carli 1" rear coils w/ RC 1" rear spacers - 17x8.5 0mm Method Mesh - 37x12.5r17 Toyo R/T - AAM 4.10 gears - Airlift 5000 bags - Airlift Wireless OBO - PacBrake Oil Filter Relocator

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Hub vs Lug Centric Wheels

If it were me i would definately be getting wheels the were hub centric. And if they werent ide be sure to get the rings. Even though all the rings ive seen were just plastic.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by scs210 View Post
    Preparing a wheel and tire upgrade and was curious to see what you guys think about installing lug centric wheels and maintaining the factory load capacities of these trucks. I know most of the aftermarket wheels are lug centric and there are plenty of them running on these trucks everyday but it did get me thinking.

I'm pretty set on a set of Method Mesh and was also wondering if these coming with hub centric rings? I know the CJC guys build a pile of trucks running Methods and was hoping for a little info here too.

You are correct, as most aftermarket wheels are lug centric. As long as you or whoever does the maintenance on the wheels such as removal or installation needs to make sure they are all tightened and torqued properly and you should be good to go.

That is my opinion and always open to others as well.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    You are correct, as most aftermarket wheels are lug centric. As long as you or whoever does the maintenance on the wheels such as removal or installation needs to make sure they are all tightened and torqued properly and you should be good to go.

That is my opinion and always open to others as well.

As an individual (Brian from Custom Offsets) I've got the same mentality. Unless you're jumping the truck~ then it gets a little different.

There are a surprising amount of wheels that do come hub centric, equally as amazing as how many come lug centric.

Make sure to like us on Facebook!
    Want a good daily dose of custom trucks? Check our Instagram!
    We sell wheels& tires, lift kits, custom lighting, grills, light bars and more! Right Here!

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thanks for the input guys. I know the wheels have an acceptable load rating and therefore should meet any of my needs, but do wish i could find the set i want with the hub centric. Pretty set on the Method wheels for a few difference reasons so it sounds like i should just get over the concerns

2016 Ram 2500 Mega Cab - 68RFE - Carli 2.5" level coils - Carli radius arm drops - Carli 1" rear coils w/ RC 1" rear spacers - 17x8.5 0mm Method Mesh - 37x12.5r17 Toyo R/T - AAM 4.10 gears - Airlift 5000 bags - Airlift Wireless OBO - PacBrake Oil Filter Relocator

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Check out Motorsport Tech. I purchased a set of Hub Centric rings Machined to my Hub Bore and Wheel bore. Billet Aluminum.