Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  27

Thread: MM3 Install

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MM3 Install

I just setup my new MM3 this evening which was pretty easy after watching all the DIY vids on youtube. My question is, can i still run my truck without taking any of the hardware off? (i.e. EGR, Throttle Valve, exhaust). I'm heading into town tomorrow morning and i just want to know if i can run it with everything intact. I have the complete option tunes and DON'T have the EGRless. I plan to do the rest of the removal tomorrow afternoon. Let me know thanks!

2. Likes dodgemark, watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Install

You cannot run it with stock exhaust intact. Everything else you will be fine.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    You cannot run it with stock exhaust intact. Everything else you will be fine.
    Just out of curiosity, will it jack anything up? I started the truck after i flashed the ECM to make sure that it still runs and see if the CEL would come on. While parked, i cycled through some of the sound tunes and yea nothing changed, it still sounded the same....Go figure! I guess i'll rip the exhaust tonight in the frigid Carolina Crisp

5. Likes dodgemark, watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Well it could be worse, like laying on 3 inches of fresh snow, 20 degree temp with a wind. LOL. I’ll take that Carolina cold. Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

You could be where I’m at. They are calling for 2 feet of snow here. Ughhhh!!!
    Yeah you will have to remove your exhaust or else your truck will go into limp mode. After that you will be able to hear the sound tunes then.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

8. Likes dodgemark, Paidkiller10, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dodgemark View Post
    Well it could be worse, like laying on 3 inches of fresh snow, 20 degree temp with a wind. LOL. I’ll take that Carolina cold. Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I got a six pack and some hand warmers...haha lets git r done

10. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, dodgemark liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    You could be where I’m at. They are calling for 2 feet of snow here. Ughhhh!!!
    Yeah you will have to remove your exhaust or else your truck will go into limp mode. After that you will be able to hear the sound tunes then.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....
    Thanks you guys for the knowledge!! that's why this forum is awesome, people are very helpful here! I hope to one day bestow some cummins knowledge bombs on the new comers

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, dodgemark liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

UPDATE:

I just finished the rest of the deletes today. I started at 7am and finished at 1:45pm. I have to say that the hardest part was the dang exhaust, i heard that it weighed alot but that wasn't the problem. I sprayed water and soap on the rubber hanger gromets for the exhaust system to ease the removal process. I also found that dropping the spare tire helps alot so you have more room to remove the tail pipe. The second hard part was removing the EGR, the videos on Youtube make it look so easy but damn, thank god i had a breaker bar and a deep socket. Then there was the dreaded 15mm nut at the front of the EGR, I just went ahead and removed the entire EGR and the bracket, then made my way to the front. Everything else was easy and direct replacement. Ive seen that some people drain the entire coolant, but i didnt fing that necessary. All i did was cover the turbo and grab a small 20oz. bottle to catch the coolant, which worked out fine. All in all i would say that it was definitely a challenge but doable even for novice mechanics.

After i put everything back together i took it for a test drive and like you all have said "it really wakes the truck up". The throttle response was awesome, it didnt shift hard (shift flare) and the sound tunes are awesome. I didn't run the engine hard, just did normal driving for the "Relearn" process to take affect. As for the MPG increase, i have not seen a signifiant increase, but i'm hoping with time that it gets better.

I want to thank @dudesdieselperformance @watersupply189 for giving me advice, both directly and indirectly. Most of all i want to thank @IGOTACUMMINS and ray from @DRD for helping the community by posting videos and testimonials for us to be able and read and further educate ourselves.

14. Thanks DRD, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Paidkiller10 View Post
    UPDATE:

I just finished the rest of the deletes today. I started at 7am and finished at 1:45pm. I have to say that the hardest part was the dang exhaust, i heard that it weighed alot but that wasn't the problem. I sprayed water and soap on the rubber hanger gromets for the exhaust system to ease the removal process. I also found that dropping the spare tire helps alot so you have more room to remove the tail pipe. The second hard part was removing the EGR, the videos on Youtube make it look so easy but damn, thank god i had a breaker bar and a deep socket. Then there was the dreaded 15mm nut at the front of the EGR, I just went ahead and removed the entire EGR and the bracket, then made my way to the front. Everything else was easy and direct replacement. Ive seen that some people drain the entire coolant, but i didnt fing that necessary. All i did was cover the turbo and grab a small 20oz. bottle to catch the coolant, which worked out fine. All in all i would say that it was definitely a challenge but doable even for novice mechanics.

After i put everything back together i took it for a test drive and like you all have said "it really wakes the truck up". The throttle response was awesome, it didnt shift hard (shift flare) and the sound tunes are awesome. I didn't run the engine hard, just did normal driving for the "Relearn" process to take affect. As for the MPG increase, i have not seen a signifiant increase, but i'm hoping with time that it gets better.

I want to thank @dudesdieselperformance @watersupply189 for giving me advice, both directly and indirectly. Most of all i want to thank @IGOTACUMMINS and ray from @DRD for helping the community by posting videos and testimonials for us to be able and read and further educate ourselves.
    Glad you woke the beast up! Yeah those exhaust hangers can be a pain sometimes.

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post