Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removing Sway Bar(s)

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Removing Sway Bar(s)

Im not seeing any threads on this topic, maybe there are some, but im not finding them...

Was wondering if anyone has removed their Sway bar(s), front and/or rear? IF so, has it improved the ride? I have a 4x4 which has the front solid axle and the ride is not smooth at all. I was thinking about trying it out but with a solid axle, does it really help any?

Has anyone done this? If i decide to, should i remove front and rear?

thanks,

2018 Pearl White Ram 2500 Cummins 6.7, 5" RC Lift with 37x13.5r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Fuel Maverick, RC Steering Stabilizers, 4.10 gears, RevMax VB, RIGID Led bumper lights

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Removing Sway Bar(s)

You can remove the sway bar but you will see more body roll and if you had to swerve somewhat quickly there is always the possibility of losing control. The newer trucks can see a little more body roll compared to the older ones as the new trucks have the radius arm front ends. If it were me i would just replace some front end parts with Thuren or Carli. The ride quality you will get from one of their kits is second to none and will make you extremely happy as well as safe.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

What im trying to accomplish is to eliminate some of the "stiffness" when hitting bumps on the road. I take back roads to work that are not kept up too well here in South Carolina and the truck just bounces around and rides very stiff. I was just thinking about removing the sway bars to see the "maxed" benefit and then decide if i should just upgrade them or not. If its still not very smooth with them removed, i wouldn't think aftermarkets would give me what im looking for.... Ive never played around with this sore of stuff.

What types of upgrades do Thuren and Carli have?

2018 Pearl White Ram 2500 Cummins 6.7, 5" RC Lift with 37x13.5r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Fuel Maverick, RC Steering Stabilizers, 4.10 gears, RevMax VB, RIGID Led bumper lights

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TCoopSC View Post
    What im trying to accomplish is to eliminate some of the "stiffness" when hitting bumps on the road. I take back roads to work that are not kept up too well here in South Carolina and the truck just bounces around and rides very stiff. I was just thinking about removing the sway bars to see the "maxed" benefit and then decide if i should just upgrade them or not. If its still not very smooth with them removed, i wouldn't think aftermarkets would give me what im looking for.... Ive never played around with this sore of stuff.

Not all aftermarkets will give you the ride quality you're seeking but i can promise you that Thuren or Carli will. If you pair the sway bar with their front springs and shocks your truck will feel like a half ton. It will eat those bumps up like crazy. Do a little research it will be night and day difference. Also, when utilizing their sway bar because of how it's designed the feeling of your head going against the window when going over say a speedbump at an angle will be hardly noticeable once the sway bar is installed.

I'll shoot you a message as well.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

https://carlisuspension.com/product/...sion-sway-bar/

Says 2.5'-4" lift kits. I have the RC 5" lift.

Before i spend more money, i would like just to see the best possible ride this truck will give, by completely removing the sway bar. If it's a huge difference, i will talk with you about your suggestions.

Has anyone on here completely removed theirs? If so, what was your outcome?
    thanks,

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

The Dude hooked me up with a 'hybrid' suspension of Thuren 2 inch springs, track bar, and sway bar... along with Carli tuned Fox shocks and control arms.
    Handling and ride was much improved. At first I swerved towards the potholes because I was amazed at the difference... love it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

12. Thanks DDP, TCoopSC thanked for this post
    Likes DDP, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

https://carlisuspension.com/product/...sion-sway-bar/

Says 2.5'-4" lift kits. I have the RC 5" lift.

Before i spend more money, i would like just to see the best possible ride this truck will give, by completely removing the sway bar. If it's a huge difference, i will talk with you about your suggestions.

Has anyone on here completely removed theirs? If so, what was your outcome?
    thanks,
    Hey bud! What you’re proposing, especially with a 5” lift, would be a safety issue. Your center of gravity is increased by the lift and if you had to make a sudden maneuver without the sway bar the truck could really do something crazy. I think the general consensus here would be to get a good aftermarket sway bar installed and adjusted correctly. That would offer better ride characteristics than the OEM bar and still keep you safe. The Thuren website has loads of tech information regarding the handling characteristics of our trucks - that might help too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins. RevMax built 68RFE "550" transmission w/ billet flexplate/low stall triple disc TC/direct oiling billet input shaft. 35"x12.50" Toyo Open Country AT2 tires on OEM 20" wheels, Thuren soft ride front springs, Thuren track bar, Thuren upper and lower control arms, Hellbent steering box brace, King 2.0 steering damper, Redhead steering box, Fox 2.0 shocks, Carli ball joints, Caterpillar fuel filter/Donaldson water separator, ARP 425 head studs, Viair onboard air compressor, airlift 5k# rear airbags, V4 LED headlights, Kenwood head unit

14. Thanks TCoopSC thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    You can remove the sway bar but you will see more body roll and if you had to swerve somewhat quickly there is always the possibility of losing control. The newer trucks can see a little more body roll compared to the older ones as the new trucks have the radius arm front ends. If it were me i would just replace some front end parts with Thuren or Carli. The ride quality you will get from one of their kits is second to none and will make you extremely happy as well as safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Not all aftermarkets will give you the ride quality you're seeking but i can promise you that Thuren or Carli will. If you pair the sway bar with their front springs and shocks your truck will feel like a half ton. It will eat those bumps up like crazy. Do a little research it will be night and day difference. Also, when utilizing their sway bar because of how it's designed the feeling of your head going against the window when going over say a speedbump at an angle will be hardly noticeable once the sway bar is installed.

I'll shoot you a message as well.
    What the Dude said.

The only thing that might help take the harshness out of the ride is a set of air bags. Around 25 PSI works on my truck. You can try a set of the Gas adjust shocks on there too. It helped with my front. Mine's a 3ed gen. They were harder then these 4ths. Air pressure can help too. 65 PSI won't sacrifice too much

Removing them will make you unhappy. I have a aftermarket rear sway. It didn't do anything to the ride. The sways are pretty much static on the flats. They just load up on turns. @F350Cummins will tell you mine handles like it's on rails.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

16. Thanks watersupply189, TCoopSC thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

so your 5" RC lift. is this the spacer kit version or Coil spring version.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    so your 5" RC lift. is this the spacer kit version or Coil spring version.
    Coil springs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast