Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Exhaust Brake Stays On

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Exhaust Brake Stays On

Noticed for the first time yesterday while towing that there are times when the exhaust brake stays active even when I press the go-pedal. Occurs mostly after heavy exhaust braking - I get a 'dead pedal' until I let off, let the tranny 'coast' when slow enough, then all is normal. Even before deletes I ran with the EB on constantly to try and keep things loose. Running the Ultra box tune stock hp with 68RFE tranny tune. Firmware RAME005D.

Thanks!

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Exhaust Brake Stays On

Stock transmission right

When it happens are you building RPM's and your transmission spinning without go. Then everything catches up after about 5-10 seconds right

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Yes, stock tranny. And yes, you pretty much described it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

That's typical. I'm running WARP tuning from Double R Diesel. When I use my brake there are times it will do exactly the same thing

Mine is an 09. Ray or another tuner will probably chime in with information I'm sure. I'd say the only thing that would change it would be possibly swapping TC, different trans tuning (which I don't have) or maybe aftermarket exhaust brake and turbo

5. Thanks Burd thanked for this post
    Likes Burd liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

"The grass is greener where you water it"

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

When mine does it I don't worry much about it. It seems to be a normal condition. I just feather the throttle and roll back into it especially when hauling

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    When mine does it I don't worry much about it. It seems to be a normal condition. I just feather the throttle and roll back into it especially when hauling
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I did - seems like when rpm's drop enough, everything catches up and I can accelerate.

2010 RAM 3500 DRW CC LB. RaceMe Ultra Sinister EGR/Cooler Delete, RaceMe EGT, 4" Flo-Pro CAT-To-Factory Muffler
    Pulling a 2011 HitchHiker 31.5 UKTG Fifth Wheel
    Full-time RVer since 9/22/14

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

On mine it seems to drop into 2 or 3. RPM's climb as I let off back up to 800-900. Things level back out and as it shifts around 32mph everything is good to go 3-4

10. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    On mine it seems to drop into 2 or 3. RPM's climb as I let off back up to 800-900. Things level back out and as it shifts around 32mph everything is good to go 3-4
    Yeah, that's it. I won't worry about it. Thanks!

2010 RAM 3500 DRW CC LB. RaceMe Ultra Sinister EGR/Cooler Delete, RaceMe EGT, 4" Flo-Pro CAT-To-Factory Muffler
    Pulling a 2011 HitchHiker 31.5 UKTG Fifth Wheel
    Full-time RVer since 9/22/14

11. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I'm sure Ray will comment. It would be nice if it could be worked on. We all know that factory shifting on these isn't great. I believe that's where this is rather than an exhaust brake cause