Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  58
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Transmission Failures..... I’m Seeing a Trend

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: Transmission Failures..... I’m Seeing a Trend

Quote Originally Posted by Camp2SeaDoo View Post
    OK, I've found Suncoast Diesel transmissions , their trans look like BEASTS! And I did find one of their dealers about 30 miles away...
    Suncoast makes pretty bad *** transmissions and so does Revmax

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

2. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    Only bad thing about Revmax is they don't seem to care about customers on the phone
    I’ve dealt with RevMax on some major issues and they stood by their product and always hooked me up.

The only thing in the oil field that's for sure, is nothing is for sure.......

2017 Ram Laramie Longhorn 2500, Lifted, deleted, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. RevMax Enhanced 68RFE

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)

3. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Suncoast makes pretty bad *** transmissions and so does Revmax
    My Transmission guy who works on my trucks know and our family friends of his the actual owners of Suncoast Transmission and says they are real well made tranny’s no personal experience with them myself just passing on knowledge

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

This may be a dumb question but is the locked shift points the same as Rays transmission tuning that locks 4-6 th gear? Or holds the shifts longer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Rays tunes do not keep the converter locked between shifts. He is working on getting the software to do it.

2017 Ram Laramie Longhorn 2500, Lifted, deleted, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. RevMax Enhanced 68RFE

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears

6. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 74Beeper View Post
    Rays tunes do not keep the converter locked between shifts. He is working on getting the software to do it.

That will also break the trans more easily.

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

"The grass is greener where you water it"

7. Thanks walla2k5 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    That will also break the trans more easily.

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*
    Yes that is why I wanted to make sure it wasn’t the same thing as his trans tuning I am very happy with the way the tuning is on the transmission

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

As long as the locked tunes are set up right and you know how to drive with them, they won’t destroy your transmission. The problem with most of these failures is from people not knowing how to handle a locked shift tune.
    I have a RevMax Signature Series 550 trans and converter so I’m not worried about damaging my trans. It would be nice to have a tune that would lock the converter at WOT. As the way these tunes are now, the converter never locks at WOT and we’re losing a lot of power because it’s not making it to the ground. It’s frustrating that our trucks accelerate faster at 3/4 throttle that at WOT.

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

Another thing to consider about hard feeling shifts and possible trans breakage is... You can't really compare an '08 truck with 550 lbs of torque to a newer one with 900 lbs. His 2006 beats me off the line and into 2nd gear, until about 300 feet then he's in my rearview mirror! Both mostly stock, no major mods at all.

13. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Camp2SeaDoo View Post
    Another thing to consider about hard feeling shifts and possible trans breakage is... You can't really compare an '08 truck with 550 lbs of torque to a newer one with 900 lbs. His 2006 beats me off the line and into 2nd gear, until about 300 feet then he's in my rearview mirror! Both mostly stock, no major mods at all.
    Agreed big foot lbs of torque differences

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234