Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Communications Loss

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Communications Loss

About 50% of the time, when I first start the truck, the RaceMe will ‘freeze up’ and after a little while will display the loss of communication error message. I unplug it from the OBD port, plug it back in, and all is well. Seems to happen mostly on the first start of the day. Anyone else have this issue? Gets pretty frustrating...

Thanks,

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Communications Loss

Never had that one. Is it updated

3. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I think it’s on version 6. Don’t have access to a Windows machine (I have a MacBook) so am afraid to try and update. Yesterday I ‘woke it up’ by touching the screen before I started the truck. Worked fine.

Thanks!

Bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

My Edge CTS does this sometimes. I have not been able to find a reason either. Unplugging and plugging back in does the trick as well.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Load test passenger side battery, fixed mine after I replaced battery. Volts where dropping to much causing issues with my ultra.

8. Thanks Bobtipton, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bobtipton View Post
    I think it’s on version 6. Don’t have access to a Windows machine (I have a MacBook) so am afraid to try and update. Yesterday I ‘woke it up’ by touching the screen before I started the truck. Worked fine.

Thanks!

Bob

I use the unarchiver on Macbook pro and have no issues updating my ultra, works great. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...25424353?mt=12

10. Thanks Bobtipton thanked for this post
    Likes Bobtipton liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hray View Post
    I use the unarchiver on Macbook pro and have no issues updating my ultra, works great. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...25424353?mt=12
    Thanks! I’ll give it a shot! Anything to be aware of? I have read that the micro-SD to USB adapter that come with the unit is not what I should use but to get and adapter for the SD slot?

12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bobtipton View Post
    Thanks! I’ll give it a shot! Anything to be aware of? I have read that the micro-SD to USB adapter that come with the unit is not what I should use but to get and adapter for the SD slot?

Make sure the unarchiver actually unzips the file and not your default one, had that happen once and just re unzipped it with unarchiver. As for the USB adapter, I read that too and the risk taker in me went with the USB adapter supplied by race me and have had no problems yet, knock on wood. Hray

13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Oh, makes it easier to have created a folder on desk top ready for you to save unzipped files too. Make a back up of old files from micro card, Then delete old stuff off of micro card drag drop/ copy paste new files. Plug in micro card to raceme and should update automatically. If not unplug OBD and plug it back in.

14. Thanks Bobtipton thanked for this post
    Likes Bobtipton liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hray View Post
    Oh, makes it easier to have created a folder on desk top ready for you to save unzipped files too. Make a back up of old files from micro card, Then delete old stuff off of micro card drag drop/ copy paste new files. Plug in micro card to raceme and should update automatically. If not unplug OBD and plug it back in.
    Cool! I may give it a try this evening. I’ll keep the old files in a sub-folder in the one for the new files, then will probably send a copy to the cloud. Will a re-tune of the truck be necessary?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast