Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Recommendation in Las Vegas?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Recommendation in Las Vegas?

Need to have a front-end alignment and new serpentine belt installed. Current belt has 102k on it (original belt) and it’s time for a new one before we head to Yuma at the end of the month. We’re volunteering at Desert National Wildlife Refuge, about 20 miles north of Vegas. Any shop recommendations appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Thanks Reaper59 thanked for this post
    Likes Reaper59 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Recommendation in Las Vegas?

I cant help with the available shops over there, but with that kind of mileage. Have you had any work done to say the tie rod ends, ball joints, front wheel bearings, or track bar?

Last edited by Reaper59; 11-02-2017 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Cant Spell

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper59 View Post
    I cant help with the available shops over there, but with that kind of mileage. Have you had any work done to say the tie rod ends, ball joints, front wheel bearings, or track bar?
    Just regular lubes. Steering is tight, just pulls a little to the right and front tires (especially passenger side) wear on the outside edge.

5. Thanks Reaper59 thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Steering may feel tight however with that kind of mileage there could be some wear on the inner tie rod especially at the pitman arm and not to mention excessive ball joint play and wheel bearing play, for a proper alignment, you may need to replace some before a true and proper alignment is done... Excessive wear on the outside could be as simple as not rotating your tires enough, the pull could be air pressure as well, could be a radial pull as well (tire itself is causing the pull). Or just might need some adjustment on the toe. Just be prepared for front end parts that may need replaced....

7. Thanks Bobtipton thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper59 View Post
    Steering may feel tight however with that kind of mileage there could be some wear on the inner tie rod especially at the pitman arm and not to mention excessive ball joint play and wheel bearing play, for a proper alignment, you may need to replace some before a true and proper alignment is done... Excessive wear on the outside could be as simple as not rotating your tires enough, the pull could be air pressure as well, could be a radial pull as well (tire itself is causing the pull). Or just might need some adjustment on the toe. Just be prepared for front end parts that may need replaced....
    Thanks for that info. That’s why I’m looking for a reputable shop. If I can’t find one here, I’ll wait until we get to Yuma and try to find one there. Would like to get the belt replaced, though...

9. Thanks Reaper59 thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Absolutely, I would try to get that belt replaced too just to be safe. Best of luck.

11. Thanks Bobtipton thanked for this post
    Likes Bobtipton liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bobtipton View Post
    Need to have a front-end alignment and new serpentine belt installed. Current belt has 102k on it (original belt) and it’s time for a new one before we head to Yuma at the end of the month. We’re volunteering at Desert National Wildlife Refuge, about 20 miles north of Vegas. Any shop recommendations appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Taking everything that has already been talked about into consideration, A Arrow Alignment has a pretty good reputation.

5441 S Decatur Blvd
    Las Vegas, NV 89118

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Ram 2500 Laramie, Taken care of by DRD, Carli Leveling Kit, RBP 94r 20x9 Wheels, and 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

1997 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie, too many to list...

13. Thanks Bobtipton thanked for this post
    Likes Bobtipton liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Hey Bob take it to Arrow Alignment (702) 873- 8622. They do very good work and won’t waste your time.

15. Likes FarmerJohn104 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Well, that’s two votes for Arrow Alignment. Thanks, guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Likes FarmerJohn104 liked this post