Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  7
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on buying this truck...

1. Top Of Page | #21

Re: Thoughts on buying this truck...

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...8322/overview/

not sure how far that is LOL- I won’t send anymore
    LOL...we just got home from church...about 10 minutes from that truck...definitely a possibility. Wonder if that Christmas tree dash is just from the delete or there is real issues there...and carfax say that trans was rebuilt 15k miles ago

2. Top Of Page | #22

I'm about half tempted to road trip to Texas... https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used...ting=245740123

3. Likes 03 unicorn liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaincaveman View Post
    I'm about half tempted to road trip to Texas... https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used...ting=245740123
    Dang that’s a real good deal!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Top Of Page | #24

Dang that’s a real good deal!
    yeah...almost worth flying down and driving back...

6. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

yeah...almost worth flying down and driving back...
    Maybe ask em if they’d take a $500 deposit to hold it while you work out travel- if you no show they keep the $500 if you show and it’s not what you thought it gets refunded but you’re out airfare

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Top Of Page | #26

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...8322/overview/

not sure how far that is LOL- I won’t send anymore
    Please forgive the stupid newbie questions...been a Cummins guy for a while but they have all been manual trans...new to autos...the carfax on this one shows the trans has been rebuilt twice in the last 40K miles...at 110 and again at 134. What are the chances its just lemon trans that will never be right? Not really looking to deal with that every 25k miles

8. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Please forgive the stupid newbie questions...been a Cummins guy for a while but they have all been manual trans...new to autos...the carfax on this one shows the trans has been rebuilt twice in the last 40K miles...at 110 and again at 134. What are the chances its just lemon trans that will never be right? Not really looking to deal with that every 25k miles
    The auto trans get a bad wrap but let’s face it even an Allison will fail depending on how much power is added.

If the trans fails it is likely because it had the power turned up on it and no mods to support it. If it was rebuilt and left the way it was in the first place with still more power added then it will fail again.

I wouldn’t let that scare you too much. You have a valvebody, TQ, and most importantly tuning to go along with these items to help support more power.

if push comes to shove then a more “built” transmission would be in order.

Like anything if you push something past what the intended use is then you’re on borrowed time.

Long winded way to say no one would own an auto if replacing the trans every 25k was the way it is.

realistically do a filter and fluid swap every 75-100k depending on hot rodding or towing heavy

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Top Of Page | #28

The auto trans get a bad wrap but let’s face it even an Allison will fail depending on how much power is added.

If the trans fails it is likely because it had the power turned up on it and no mods to support it. If it was rebuilt and left the way it was in the first place with still more power added then it will fail again.

I wouldn’t let that scare you too much. You have a valvebody, TQ, and most importantly tuning to go along with these items to help support more power.

if push comes to shove then a more “built” transmission would be in order.

Like anything if you push something past what the intended use is then you’re on borrowed time.

Long winded way to say no one would own an auto if replacing the trans every 25k was the way it is.

realistically do a filter and fluid swap every 75-100k depending on hot rodding or towing heavy
    That's kinda what I was thinking...One of the pics shows a tuner box and both trans jobs were done at Aamco...possible running the tuner set on full retard and smoked it, had it rebuilt to stock, and did the same thing again....

10. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

That's kinda what I was thinking...One of the pics shows a tuner box and both trans jobs were done at Aamco...possible running the tuner set on full retard and smoked it, had it rebuilt to stock, and did the same thing again....
    Id bet money that’s what happened- they were on a budget and had it done there. Second rebuild could have been under warranty. I’d see if maybe it’s transferrable to new owner in case you have issues before adding your upgrades

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

11. Top Of Page | #30

Id bet money that’s what happened- they were on a budget and had it done there. Second rebuild could have been under warranty. I’d see if maybe it’s transferrable to new owner in case you have issues before adding your upgrades
    Only place I'd be driving anything before upgrades is home LOL

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast