Thread: AEV RAM 2500 Tire qestion

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: AEV RAM 2500 Tire qestion

I may have to give the MTR a look but WOW....they are proud of those!!LOL

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Still trying to decide on tires. I don't think a 40 13.50 r17 will fit and it appears the only tire available is the 38 13.50 r17 Wrangler MT. Falken appears to have discontinued the 38 inch tire for a 17 inch wheel. Anybody have another suggestion in that size. We didn't do the 40 inch tire package when we ordered it because I didn't wan the fenders cut up. It has plenty of clearance so a 38 should be fine.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAZMAN View Post
    Still trying to decide on tires. I don't think a 40 13.50 r17 will fit and it appears the only tire available is the 38 13.50 r17 Wrangler MT. Falken appears to have discontinued the 38 inch tire for a 17 inch wheel. Anybody have another suggestion in that size. We didn't do the 40 inch tire package when we ordered it because I didn't wan the fenders cut up. It has plenty of clearance so a 38 should be fine.
    Almost sounds like you are going to buy different size wheels, to find what you want.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Don't want to do that since the wheels are AEV also. Might have to drive it the way it is or put a 37 MT back on it. It has the 37 12.50 BFG AT on it right now and they run a little smaller.

5. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

6. Top Of Page | #16
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Personally, I would run the king of all Diesel off road tires- Toyo 37x13.50r17 MT. They will work on your truck with the AEV wheels, can carry 4000lbs per tire, and have been proven by the most extreme members of the Diesel off roading community to be able to stand up to serious abuse.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

That's probably what I will end up with. I am pricing the Goodyear wrangler but the 14.50 may be a deal breaker for this truck. I do appreciate the replies.

9. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Yokohama makes a tire and so does Falken but both are either discontinued or back ordered with no delivery date. I guess option B would be to order a kick *** set of bead locks in 18"s and put tires on them. Not sure the wife would be cool with that and offset would be key to it.

10. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinopkc View Post
    Personally, I would run the king of all Diesel off road tires- Toyo 37x13.50r17 MT. They will work on your truck with the AEV wheels, can carry 4000lbs per tire, and have been proven by the most extreme members of the Diesel off roading community to be able to stand up to serious abuse.
    Toyo tires are really bad *** great tires

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

11. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

I talked to the wife last night and she approved getting a set of cool bead locks and 38 inch tires but I feel that takes away from the AEV concept. I have run Toyos on most of my trucks but the wheel offset will have to remain the same as what the AEV wheels are to avoid issues. Putting the power wagon front locker in this weekend and we will take a look at wheels to see if that is viable. The other option is to sell the BFG tires and put Toyos back on to give it a more aggressive stance and drive the dam thing. Grey wheels with orange beadlocks would look cool though!!LOL

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast