Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  17
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deleting truck soon...RaceMe tuner AFE 5" TBE

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Deleting truck soon...RaceMe tuner AFE 5" TBE

Hey bud, Welcome. I've went from just the Race me Ultra deletes to a full blown turbo swap. Everything sounds good so far. I recommend 1 for 1 425 ARP headstuds and Warp Tuning from Ray at Double R Diesel. I have the Aisin and its perfect. At 67,000 miles being deleted for 47,000 the fluid was like new when I changed the fluid and filter. Any questions justo ask and I'd be glad to help.

Raceme Ultra w/ Warp Tuning and 5" TBE W/ 7" Tip
    FASS 150 gph AFE Stage 2 CAI
    Pusher 3.5" Blade Runner and Intercooler Kit
    Stage 2 GDS 73/14 Turbo with a BD Manifold
    Flo Pro EGR Delete ARP 425 studs
    6" BDS 4 Link Long Arm Suspension
    37x13.50R20 w/ 20x10 Fuel Striker Rims

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, dieseljeeper thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, dieseljeeper liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fulldrawassassin View Post
    Hey bud, Welcome. I've went from just the Race me Ultra deletes to a full blown turbo swap. Everything sounds good so far. I recommend 1 for 1 425 ARP headstuds and Warp Tuning from Ray at Double R Diesel. I have the Aisin and its perfect. At 67,000 miles being deleted for 47,000 the fluid was like new when I changed the fluid and filter. Any questions justo ask and I'd be glad to help.
    Thanks man, I will definitely keep that in mind! I've already been in touch with Ray to get ahold of his WARP tuning, and I've been doing some thinking on turbos and exhaust manifolds. I just don't want to sacrifice my exhaust brake. Head studs are also a little further down the road along with some kind of additional fuel filtration.

Questions on the exhaust delete side of the RaceMe install though...I have read about not unplugging some air pressure lines going into exhaust mounted near the transmission and to just connect the two with one of the hoses. I didn't see anything like that near my transmission. The only thing close was a sensor mounted directly to the canister in front of the DPF with rubber lines going to hard lines and into the canister, one at the front and one at the back of it. Am I fine taking this off entirely or do I need to plug it back in and connect the lines?

Also, the rear O2 that was plugged into the DPF is plugged into a "sensor like block" on the inside of the frame rail. Can I remove this entirely too, or just I tie off the O2 sensor?

Edit...

Never mind figured it out. Those sensors are fine to remove 100%. I had a check engine light but no DTC codes first time running it, drove it around town, filled up, then it was gone when I started it back up. Totally different truck! Can't wait to see what WARP will bring though!

Last edited by dieseljeeper; 07-10-2016 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Update
    2016 3500 CCSB SRW Aisin 3.42s: RaceMe Ultra w/Double R Diesel Warp tuning, AFE 5" TBE, GDP S2 intake & TVGH, Air Boss 67 plenum, Rok-Tek grill, SPOD & some LEDs.

4. Likes Cummins7, SeveredCummins14 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I didn't do mine myself, so I can't say for sure what all you need to do. What I can say is this: my entire emission system is off the truck minuses actually pulling the wiring from the truck. Nothing is hooked together or to my exhaust. My exhaust is a complete 5" turbo back, nothing stock.

Everything else you are gonna do is right on the money.

Raceme Ultra w/ Warp Tuning and 5" TBE W/ 7" Tip
    FASS 150 gph AFE Stage 2 CAI
    Pusher 3.5" Blade Runner and Intercooler Kit
    Stage 2 GDS 73/14 Turbo with a BD Manifold
    Flo Pro EGR Delete ARP 425 studs
    6" BDS 4 Link Long Arm Suspension
    37x13.50R20 w/ 20x10 Fuel Striker Rims

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dieseljeeper View Post
    Thanks man, I will definitely keep that in mind! I've already been in touch with Ray to get ahold of his WARP tuning, and I've been doing some thinking on turbos and exhaust manifolds. I just don't want to sacrifice my exhaust brake. Head studs are also a little further down the road along with some kind of additional fuel filtration.

Questions on the exhaust delete side of the RaceMe install though...I have read about not unplugging some air pressure lines going into exhaust mounted near the transmission and to just connect the two with one of the hoses. I didn't see anything like that near my transmission. The only thing close was a sensor mounted directly to the canister in front of the DPF with rubber lines going to hard lines and into the canister, one at the front and one at the back of it. Am I fine taking this off entirely or do I need to plug it back in and connect the lines?

Also, the rear O2 that was plugged into the DPF is plugged into a "sensor like block" on the inside of the frame rail. Can I remove this entirely too, or just I tie off the O2 sensor?

Edit...

Never mind figured it out. Those sensors are fine to remove 100%. I had a check engine light but no DTC codes first time running it, drove it around town, filled up, then it was gone when I started it back up. Totally different truck! Can't wait to see what WARP will bring though!
    Those are the lines that need disconnected.take the rubber hose off of the connection near the trans and just leave it open..

08 RAM 3500 SRW 6.7 Cummins, HPP deletes, RaceMe Ultra, Flo-Pro 5" TBE, 68RFE Trans, 4.10 Gears,18x10 Moto Metal Chrome 285x65x18, Toyo A/T Open Country

8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by king1 View Post
    Those are the lines that need disconnected.take the rubber hose off of the connection near the trans and just leave it open..
    This is what I was talking about. Its fine to just unplug sensor and leave the lines as is.

2016 3500 CCSB SRW Aisin 3.42s: RaceMe Ultra w/Double R Diesel Warp tuning, AFE 5" TBE, GDP S2 intake & TVGH, Air Boss 67 plenum, Rok-Tek grill, SPOD & some LEDs.

9. Thanks king1 thanked for this post
    Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12