Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  41
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A couple questions about deleting

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: A couple questions about deleting

I just put a Flo-Pro 4" downpipe back with a muffler on my 2013 yesterday. My hearing isn't the greatest in the first place, but it is just a little louder than stock. Cab noise is minimal.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

2. Likes Md Jeff liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

So you left your factory downpipe in place,did you have to disconnect sensors for the MM3 to run properly? Not that it's a big deal, just seeing what choices I'll have
    Quote Originally Posted by walla2k5 View Post
    I just put a Flo-Pro 4" downpipe back with a muffler on my 2013 yesterday. My hearing isn't the greatest in the first place, but it is just a little louder than stock. Cab noise is minimal.

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Md Jeff View Post
    So you left your factory downpipe in place,did you have to disconnect sensors for the MM3 to run properly? Not that it's a big deal, just seeing what choices I'll have
    No sensors in the downpipe, at least in my 2013. But everything from the downpipe back came off. The way I understand it, the MM3 turns all emissions off. I'm definitely not the expert in this field, maybe @AnOldBiker , @Polaraco or @Double R Diesel can shed some more light on this.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

6. Likes Md Jeff, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

No sensors in the downpipe, at least in my 2013. But everything from the downpipe back came off. The way I understand it, the MM3 turns all emissions off. I'm definitely not the expert in this field, maybe @AnOldBiker , @Polaraco or @Double R Diesel can shed some more light on this.
    Expert an Ex is an unknown quantity, a spert is a drip under pressure. How can I help you?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Expert an Ex is an unknown quantity, a spert is a drip under pressure. How can I help you?

10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

This gentleman, need a little advice about deleting.

11. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    This is where I need help; completely deleting? I plan to leave my CC in place but remove the DPF, def and whatever else is in the exhaust, I was planning on leaving the egr in place but disconnected/deleted by the MM3, is there any gain by removing the downpipe? I've read it will help keep the noise down and has no ill effect on performance or mileage, is this wrong?
    I know google is my friend but figured I'd ask here as I've been reading posts and comments for 3 days or so and deleting looks like it's the way to go. My truck is a stock 2016 QC with 8k on it, it still has all the factory emissions installed.

1)Considering the MM3 and plan to keep the downpipe, is it ok to leave the existing O2 sensors in place and connected or do I need to remove the sensors and plug the bungs or just disconnect the connectors and seal them up?

2)I presently have a BD Plat GT installed with a TPS booster, I know that will have to be removed but I can read 1st and 2nd pyro with the BD, I take it the MM3 pyro senor will not be able to use my existing plug harness and a new wire will have to ran, correct?

3) If i order downpipe back exhaust with the pyro sensor with the bung come in the pipe?

Any tips and insight will be appreciated. Thx

13. Likes Md Jeff liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Thanks, I'm just gonna do a complete delete and remove the egr at a later date; I won't have to worry about what might be able to stay and what can't, make it a little bit easier but a little more expensive right off the bat, I appreciate your help

15. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I think I watched and rewatched about 10 YouTube videos when learning to do mine. It is very simple, once you get your flo pro exhaust you just remove the components that you will replace: down pipe stays on for 4 inch and comes off for 5 inch. No wires in the down pipe. I have the 4 inch with muffler and like it. Some say that 4 inch without muffler has a drone. The delete is super easy to do, watch some videos and keep asking questions here and you will be an expert in no time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Ram 2500 Laramie, Taken care of by DRD, Carli Leveling Kit, RBP 94r 20x9 Wheels, and 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

1997 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie, too many to list...

17. Thanks Md Jeff thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Want to thank everyone for the insight, I probably made it more complicated than what it actually was by over thinking it .... I ordered the MM3 Lite from Ray so it won't be long now.

19. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast