Thanks Thanks:  1,458
Likes Likes:  2,874
Page 110 of 253 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 2524

Thread: RaceME Ultra Update and Upcoming RaceME Custom Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #1091

User Info Menu

Should have been more clear , it happens when you try and program it with otf to economy spool. It's gives and error saying (real time error)

2. Top Of Page | #1092

User Info Menu

I see good feedback posted here. Keep it coming, good or bad. Also let Franz know what issues you may find. I'm quite sure another update is coming in the next week to enable the Ultra to allow use of a Warp tune file and possibly fix any bugs found with this update.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

3. Thanks oneshotkyle thanked for this post
    Likes oneshotkyle liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #1093
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I had a bit of a scare with the new update. After updating the unit to the new firmware I made my selections and got some error straight away after hitting the button to slap the tuning to the truck. It then went through the recovery. After what seemed like 20 minutes it started flashing the truck though not with my selections, it took it back to stock. I immediately reselected my picks and flashed the truck without a hitch. Not sure what caused it, but just glad it had a happy ending!

5. Likes oneshotkyle liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #1094

User Info Menu

Ready for my truck to get back should hopefully be at the end of next week!!

7. Top Of Page | #1095

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Anyone else running the March update getting a low throttle input surge on eco spool?

I noticed it tonight leaving the movies creeping thru the parking lot. It sounds like the VGT vanes are rapidly opening and closing.

Sent from my plastic box that I poke with my thumbs
    Soft peddle surge has been around for years. Even a bone stock truck will have a light throttle surge sometimes. I never noticed this on mine but I only ran mild and quick and also.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

8. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt, oneshotkyle liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #1096

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nunezusmc View Post
    Should have been more clear , it happens when you try and program it with otf to economy spool. It's gives and error saying (real time error)
    I only went from mild to quick with RT, and didn't have any issues. Never tried to go to eco though.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

10. Likes oneshotkyle liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #1097

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lunkhead View Post
    I had a bit of a scare with the new update. After updating the unit to the new firmware I made my selections and got some error straight away after hitting the button to slap the tuning to the truck. It then went through the recovery. After what seemed like 20 minutes it started flashing the truck though not with my selections, it took it back to stock. I immediately reselected my picks and flashed the truck without a hitch. Not sure what caused it, but just glad it had a happy ending!
    I actually did get that same error and ultra recovered stock truck, then I tuned with no problems. I wonder if with such a big change in things, if going back to stock with tuning first isn't just a good idea to do. Some people tune that way anyway. (Always go back to stock first). I never have, but like you, I did get that error and it kinda forced us to go back to stock first LOL.

12. Likes oneshotkyle liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #1098

User Info Menu

I have gotten that error before on other updates as well. I usually return to stock beforehand now

14. Likes oneshotkyle liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #1099

User Info Menu

Unrelated to the new updates I'd like to say that when an error occurs, or a program is not sucessful, it is best not to freak out LOL. RaceMe has this ultra so advanced that in most cases, if you just stay calm, and follow the instructions it gives to you, it will walk you through and fix whatever problem occurred. Months ago I had problems doing a program and I did 3 recoveries to stock in my driveway, and kept getting a error trying to load a tune. Quick email to Franz with the error I was getting, and a quick answer back that my "unlock" cable was not connected. I was skeptical that was the problem cuz I had already looked at that under my hood. So at 1am, with a flashlight I was under my hood looking again, and sure enough it was good. Another email to tell him that was not the problem, and again he said it's a communication error and has to be something to do with that cable. Well it suddenly hits me to check the other end of that cable, under my dash, and what do you know, it's unplugged. It was my first tune since the initial install, and in the process of zip tie after my initial, I must of accidently unplugged it. But as I said the ultra is so advanced it did all it could to help through the steps. Best thing to do is just not freak out.

16. Top Of Page | #1100

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Unrelated to the new updates I'd like to say that when an error occurs, or a program is not sucessful, it is best not to freak out LOL. RaceMe has this ultra so advanced that in most cases, if you just stay calm, and follow the instructions it gives to you, it will walk you through and fix whatever problem occurred. Months ago I had problems doing a program and I did 3 recoveries to stock in my driveway, and kept getting a error trying to load a tune. Quick email to Franz with the error I was getting, and a quick answer back that my "unlock" cable was not connected. I was skeptical that was the problem cuz I had already looked at that under my hood. So at 1am, with a flashlight I was under my hood looking again, and sure enough it was good. Another email to tell him that was not the problem, and again he said it's a communication error and has to be something to do with that cable. Well it suddenly hits me to check the other end of that cable, under my dash, and what do you know, it's unplugged. It was my first tune since the initial install, and in the process of zip tie after my initial, I must of accidently unplugged it. But as I said the ultra is so advanced it did all it could to help through the steps. Best thing to do is just not freak out.
    I agree whole heartedly. It is a easy yet meticulous process and one simple mishap can push some to think that the problem is the tuner and not even an inkling of a thought that its the operator. Its happened to me too when i was programming and returned vehicle to stock and forgot to program with aftermarket settings and fired her up and got CEL and service exhaust and so on, and the initial thought was what did this thing do to my truck, i went to checking wire connections and it dawned on me. Dummy you have to write your tune to the ECM. 5 minutes later i was good to go! LOL

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 110 of 253 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast