Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  23

Thread: 6.7 occasional miss & pre heat message

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

6.7 occasional miss & pre heat message

My brothers pickup
    2015 Ram 3500 SRW mega cab, 6.7 cummins with the Asian trans. 40,000 miles
    Raceme ultra and flo pro exhaust race pipe. Flo pro block off gaskets for egr. nothing else aftermarket on the truck, all stock.

First 35,000 was all stock, non deleted and not 1 issue or hiccup.

Deleted it in June of this year and has 5,000 miles on it now since and it has always done this periodically.

While idling, the truck will miss once and the pre heat message come up and ding. 3 times its stopped the engine to 0 rpm, fires right back up and is fine. But most of the time it just skips and the message comes up and then it idles like normal. Sometimes it will puff a little blue smoke.
    No codes either.

We have used a trickle charger while re flashing, but also re flashed when truck has been driven and is nice and charged up. We turn everything off lights and such and make sure there is nothing plugged in to the usb or 12 volt outlet while it gets flashed so I don’t think it’s with that.

We also have tried leaving the egr stuff plugged in and not plugged in and it still does it.

His tuner is up to date with the latest updates.

Also the truck was first tuned with stock everything with deletes but it would just at random times the throttle would not work, the truck would just idle, you would have to unhook the battery’s or re flash it. So that’s when we tried different power settings on the raceme.

2016 Ram 2500 CCLB 4x4 Laramie 68RFE
    Raceme w/ warp tuning from DoubleRDiesel, *** egr delete, CCV filter gutted & re-routed, airfilter tube gutted, 4” FloPro Twister & 51” Donaldson muffler, BD Diesel 68 protect plate, TBV Delete, Mag-Hytec trans pan
    Future:Thuren Coils & Track bar, ARP625’s

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 6.7 occasional miss & pre heat message

Quote Originally Posted by Great White View Post
    My brothers pickup
    2015 Ram 3500 SRW mega cab, 6.7 cummins with the Asian trans. 40,000 miles
    Raceme ultra and flo pro exhaust race pipe. Flo pro block off gaskets for egr. nothing else aftermarket on the truck, all stock.

First 35,000 was all stock, non deleted and not 1 issue or hiccup.

Deleted it in June of this year and has 5,000 miles on it now since and it has always done this periodically.

While idling, the truck will miss once and the pre heat message come up and ding. 3 times its stopped the engine to 0 rpm, fires right back up and is fine. But most of the time it just skips and the message comes up and then it idles like normal. Sometimes it will puff a little blue smoke.
    No codes either.

We have used a trickle charger while re flashing, but also re flashed when truck has been driven and is nice and charged up. We turn everything off lights and such and make sure there is nothing plugged in to the usb or 12 volt outlet while it gets flashed so I don’t think it’s with that.

We also have tried leaving the egr stuff plugged in and not plugged in and it still does it.

His tuner is up to date with the latest updates.

Also the truck was first tuned with stock everything with deletes but it would just at random times the throttle would not work, the truck would just idle, you would have to unhook the battery’s or re flash it. So that’s when we tried different power settings on the raceme.
    Sometimes the box tuning, when they update, can cause this.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Thanks Great White thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I know since installing in June he’s updated it 3 or 4 times. It has done it since day one though. The first update was to get it caught up too since it was shipped with a older one

Raceme w/ warp tuning from DoubleRDiesel, *** egr delete, CCV filter gutted & re-routed, airfilter tube gutted, 4” FloPro Twister & 51” Donaldson muffler, BD Diesel 68 protect plate, TBV Delete, Mag-Hytec trans pan

6. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I know since installing in June he’s updated it 3 or 4 times. It has done it since day one though. The first update was to get it caught up too since it was shipped with a older one
    Did it ever do it before he installed it?

8. Thanks Great White thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

No never acted up when it was all stock. Once we put the raceme on and deleted it is when it started doing it

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

No never acted up when it was all stock. Once we put the raceme on and deleted it is when it started doing it
    That's the problem with the box tuning on the RaceME Ultra. Some trucks it works and others it causes turbo surging, trans issues and so on...

Tell him to get it custom tuned.

12. Thanks Great White thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I feel bad because I brought him to the dark side, I know he would be happy with Rays tuning but I don’t know if he will want to pull the trigger or go back to stock and sell the RaceME Ultra.

His turbo does surge or what not when the truck is cold when you first fire it up for the first 15 seconds. Mine did that too before I had warp but that’s the only issue I had. It does seem like the higher hp rated box tunes are more refined. But maybe I’m imagining things.

Do you think Ray could address this though with Warp?

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Ray would be able to fix the issues with no problem.

16. Thanks Great White thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Great White, walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Not sure if this is the same issue your having. I had an 07.5 mega cab few years ago. When I would start it up even after sitting a few hours it would idle like it was a 6.0 and -5 degrees. Even though it was 70 degrees outside. But would only do it for the first 2 or 3 minutes. I Chased all kinds of things. I thought possibly the batteries were weak and it was doing it while the grid heater ran. . So I just learned to deal with it and ordered exhaust. And put that on. And then went to a local shop and got efi live put on it. Once I go the truck tuned the issue got worse. And I barely made it home as the truck fell flat on its face and wasnt even driveable. Luckily while I was at the shop I bought and egr delete and throttle valve delete. At this point I was ready to try anything. So I figured id go ahead and delete the throttle valve real quick in the driveway and it fixed it. I recon it the motor for the valve was chattering. Causing the fluctuation. Not sure if this is the same issue your having. But your description reminded me of when that happened to me.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

18. Thanks walla2k5, Great White thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    That's the problem with the box tuning on the RaceME Ultra. Some trucks it works and others it causes turbo surging, trans issues and so on...

Tell him to get it custom tuned.
    Ray from DRD custom tunes best dang tuner in the business

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

20. Thanks Great White thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Great White liked this post