Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Trans Solenoid Pack Recall. Tune Question

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Trans Solenoid Pack Recall. Tune Question

I guess this is a two part question. Firstly, has anyone else received a recall notice to replace the transmission solenoid pack? I got one yesterday in the mail. Apparently there is an electrical interference somewhere that causes the trans to stick into 2nd or 3rd gear if Im reading it correctly. Secondly, if I take my truck in to get this replaced, would they need to refresh the ECM? I am tuned (DRD) and was wondering what would happen if they did in fact need to refresh the ECM?

2. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Trans Solenoid Pack Recall. Tune Question

Quote Originally Posted by Fireengine70 View Post
    I guess this is a two part question. Firstly, has anyone else received a recall notice to replace the transmission solenoid pack? I got one yesterday in the mail. Apparently there is an electrical interference somewhere that causes the trans to stick into 2nd or 3rd gear if Im reading it correctly. Secondly, if I take my truck in to get this replaced, would they need to refresh the ECM? I am tuned (DRD) and was wondering what would happen if they did in fact need to refresh the ECM?
    I haven't heard of the recall but that doesnt mean its not active.

Secondly if im not mistaken with ray's set up you should be able to just reflash over IF they even mess with it. Mr. Ray or JJ can confirm for sure.
    @Double R Diesel

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post