Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  100
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello Everyone!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Hello Everyone!

Hello all! I joined because after doing some searches online for various things related to my truck, this forum comes up regularly and seems to have some great information and some very helpful members. Below is some info on my Cummins:

2014 Ram 2500 - Crystal Metallic in color
    144,000 miles - deleted and tuned since 95K
    Leveled with 35’s and 20x10 Fuel wheels

I have a love/hate relationship with my truck currently as it’s been a tough year with a bunch of little things happening to it at once it seems.

Back on New Year’s Eve, my alternator burned a hole in my oil filter and caused about 6 quarts of oil to spray all over my engine area and driveway. Then 2 weeks later, my wheel bearing goes out. A couple weeks after that my batteries die on me and had to buy new batteries. About 3 weeks after that and a current issue I’m having is I’m getting a low voltage CEL (P06D3) and I’m losing all throttle when it appears and my transmission line pressure is bouncing all over the place. Planning to make a post about it here with hopes of some assistance before taking it in to get looked at.

Up until the first issue I mentioned, the truck has been flawless since I’ve owned it (Nov 2016) and I’ve just had bad luck lately. Hopefully my luck changes soon with it! Anyways, glad to be here and looking forward to learning some things here!

-Stephen

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Hello Everyone!

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Welcome!!

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Welcome @Xxstephen07

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Welcome!

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

7. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear about your truck trouble.

Hope you get some answers.

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Xxstephen07 View Post
    Hello all! I joined because after doing some searches online for various things related to my truck, this forum comes up regularly and seems to have some great information and some very helpful members. Below is some info on my Cummins:

2014 Ram 2500 - Crystal Metallic in color
    144,000 miles - deleted and tuned since 95K
    Leveled with 35’s and 20x10 Fuel wheels

I have a love/hate relationship with my truck currently as it’s been a tough year with a bunch of little things happening to it at once it seems.

Back on New Year’s Eve, my alternator burned a hole in my oil filter and caused about 6 quarts of oil to spray all over my engine area and driveway. Then 2 weeks later, my wheel bearing goes out. A couple weeks after that my batteries die on me and had to buy new batteries. About 3 weeks after that and a current issue I’m having is I’m getting a low voltage CEL (P06D3) and I’m losing all throttle when it appears and my transmission line pressure is bouncing all over the place. Planning to make a post about it here with hopes of some assistance before taking it in to get looked at.

Up until the first issue I mentioned, the truck has been flawless since I’ve owned it (Nov 2016) and I’ve just had bad luck lately. Hopefully my luck changes soon with it! Anyways, glad to be here and looking forward to learning some things here!

-Stephen
    Welcome!

So sorry to hear you're having issues.

What is your tuning platform?

Have you tried clearing the code?

Have you checked the alternator grounds for corrosion and was the alternator rebuilt or new?

You could unplug your throttle position sensor and make sure it's clean with a visual inspection.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #9
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

12. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    Welcome!

So sorry to hear you're having issues.

What is your tuning platform?

Have you tried clearing the code?

Have you checked the alternator grounds for corrosion and was the alternator rebuilt or new?

You could unplug your throttle position sensor and make sure it's clean with a visual inspection.
    Hey! I appreciate your response. My tuning platform is EZ Lynk, with HPP tunes (I think they’re under a new name now?).

I have cleared the code and I was able to make it home. This is the second time that it’s happened. The first time I also got a P0933 code with the P06D3, but the P0933 code not appeared again. I unplugged the transmission lime pressure sensor on the passenger side, near the oil pan. Everything looked good to me visually. After that I had my brand new batteries tested and one was bad. Replaced the battery and went two weeks with no issues and now it appeared again last night.

Once the CEL appeared, I pulled over on the highway and read the code and it was the P096D3. The code would not clear and after about 10 minutes I decided to drive it 1/2 mile to the nearest exit. Watching my transmission line pressure on from EZ Lynk, my transmission lone pressure (A) was bouncing all over the place. Going from 60 to 120 to 80 to 130, etc. I checked my batteries, alternator and transmission line pressure sensor one more time and all looked okay. After 15 min, I was able to clear the code and made it 50 miles back home with no CEL.

The alternator was not rebuilt and I assume is factory. I did unplug the harness on the back of the alternator and the wire going to the battery on the passenger side. Nothing was corroded or anything.

I honestly don’t know where the grounds are located on the truck and I’ve searched the internet and YouTube trying to look and can’t find anything. I’m kind of thinking it could be a bad ground, but I don’t know exactly where to look. Any input on this info would be great!! Thanks for your assistance!

13. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast