Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  54
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help! Truck wont start after EGR and throttle valve deletes.

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Please help! Truck wont start after EGR and throttle valve deletes.

But it was running fine for a month? Did you have the egr items unplugged during that time or just unplugged them when you removed them? I assume when you flash back to stock and start it you havr all kinds of warning going off on the dash

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

It sounds like you have double checked every plug and everything. Make sure there is no bare wire anywhere and that your battery connections are tight. I know you said they were on a battery charger but just make sure it has a good connection when trying to start.

This is terrible bud! I would have hoped that they would help you dig into it a little deeper vs just saying it's not their tune and leave you be....

Honestly you may be better off with DRD Tuning. I hate for you to spend the extra money but it will definitely be money well spent. The service he provides is second to none!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamHunter18 View Post
    But it was running fine for a month? Did you have the egr items unplugged during that time or just unplugged them when you removed them? I assume when you flash back to stock and start it you havr all kinds of warning going off on the dash
    Yes it was running great for a month. Everything was plugged in until I deleted the egr and throttle valve. That was the only things I changed.

5. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

May want to see if there is an ECM or software update. I know sometimes this plays a role.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I cant see how a good running truck would just stop working after removing that stuff. You didnt reflash or any during the removal? Just removed the stuff and then a no start? Its got to be something your over looking under the hood. Can you post some pictures of those areas

8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Hypothetically, if the Anarchy tune is good that would mean there has to be a problem with my truck itself. But my truck starts with the stock tune installed. It doesn't run very good but that would be expected running a the stock tune with a deleted exhaust, EGR and throttle valve right? Could I have messed up a sensor deleting the EGR and throttle valve somehow? Causing it to not start with the Anarchy tune installed? I don't think it would start at all if that was the case.

Anyways, Thank you all for your help.

9. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamHunter18 View Post
    I cant see how a good running truck would just stop working after removing that stuff. You didnt reflash or any during the removal? Just removed the stuff and then a no start? Its got to be something your over looking under the hood. Can you post some pictures of those areas
    No I didn't change anything. Just pulled my truck into the garage removed the EGR cooler and throttle valve controller, installed new block off plates and plugged the one connector back into the sensor that comes out of the side of the exhaust manifold on the passenger side. And it wont start. I will post some pics this afternoon when I get off work.

11. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BKinky View Post
    Hypothetically, if the Anarchy tune is good that would mean there has to be a problem with my truck itself. But my truck starts with the stock tune installed. It doesn't run very good but that would be expected running a the stock tune with a deleted exhaust, EGR and throttle valve right? Could I have messed up a sensor deleting the EGR and throttle valve somehow? Causing it to not start with the Anarchy tune installed? I don't think it would start at all if that was the case.

Anyways, Thank you all for your help.
    What year is your truck.... up until just a few months ago, to tune 16 and up you needed a separate head unit because there was not a "hack" yet.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

13. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Is there just 3 plugs hanging now from the deleted stuff?

15. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Rollin View Post
    What year is your truck.... up until just a few months ago, to tune 16 and up you needed a separate head unit because there was not a "hack" yet.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    It's a 2015 Ram 2500 Cummins. The MM3 tuner will unlock the ECM and flash it without the need for anything else.

17. Thanks Coal Rollin thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast